Error message at start up, "Cannot log on with MSN"

I get the following message as the desktop opens:
"cannot log on with MSN. Use another internet connection to log on to
windows". It repeats several times. When I cilick to close, the message pops
up several more times. I am running XP Home Edition and have MSN dial up
internet service.

Seems you have configured to dial into to your ISP when the system starts.

Are you able to dial to your Internet Service provider without any problems ?

Is MSN your ISP ? If yes, have you checked with them to see if your account
is not expired.

--
JonyBrv

"chickford" wrote:

> I get the following message as the desktop opens:
> "cannot log on with MSN. Use another internet connection to log on to
> windows". It repeats several times. When I cilick to close, the message pops
> up several more times. I am running XP Home Edition and have MSN dial up
> internet service.

Thanks for your response. I can dial to my ISP (MSN) without problems after
I get rid of the error messages.

"Jonybrv" wrote:

> Seems you have configured to dial into to your ISP when the system starts.
>
> Are you able to dial to your Internet Service provider without any problems ?
>
> Is MSN your ISP ? If yes, have you checked with them to see if your account
> is not expired.
>

> --
> JonyBrv
>

> "chickford" wrote:
>
> > I get the following message as the desktop opens:
> > "cannot log on with MSN. Use another internet connection to log on to
> > windows". It repeats several times. When I cilick to close, the message pops
> > up several more times. I am running XP Home Edition and have MSN dial up
> > internet service.

Check Start | All programs | Startup folder for anything related to msn.

Start | Run > type msconfig and press Ok.

Look for items related to msn in the startup tab and uncheck them.
--
JonyBrv