sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Boot from Win98SE CD or boot disk and type format C: Although I have no idea why you would want to revert to Win98 from Win2K.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=114979" target="_new">My PCs</A> :cool:

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If your Win2000 is NTFS, you need to run FDisk to delete its NTFS partition and create a new one to format as FAt32 for W98.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Boot from the 98SE CD, use Fdisk to delete the old partition and creat a new one, reboot, use Format to format the drive

Fdisk is located in the root directory of the CD, Format is located in the Win98 directory of the CD.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

nucklehead

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
to everyone that replyed, i want to say thanks for the help. LOL now the rest of the story; i posted this question for my wife. she did a custom install of win/2k pro so she could use her wireless keyboard and mouse. i think she didnt install something she needed. but, i'm not going to tell her, I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT!!!

again thanks for the help,
Nucklehead