Windows Task Manager Problem

June 27, 2005 11:41:03 PM

When I press Ctl, Alt, Delete or right click on the task bar and bring up
Windows Task Manager all that appears is the processes Window. The only way I
can close the processes window is to right click the icon in the system tray
and select close. Any idea how to make the rest of Task Manager appear
particularly the tab showing applications and the ability to close them if
they are not responding.
Thanks
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:48:04 PM

Guess I should have "searched a little longer" before posting. Double
clicking the top border as suggested in different post took care of the
problem.

"bobv" wrote:

> When I press Ctl, Alt, Delete or right click on the task bar and bring up
> Windows Task Manager all that appears is the processes Window. The only way I
> can close the processes window is to right click the icon in the system tray
> and select close. Any idea how to make the rest of Task Manager appear
> particularly the tab showing applications and the ability to close them if
> they are not responding.
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:45:26 AM

Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint Mode".

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP