Tags:
  • Presario
  • AMD
  • Turion
  • CPUs
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
December 30, 2008 4:33:26 PM

I have a Presario V5119US laptop and would like to upgrade the CPU. It has an AMD Turion ML-32 and I would like to install an AMD Turion ML-44. The only differences that I can find is a speed increase from 1.8 Mhz to 2.4 Mhz and an L2 cache increase from 512 kb to 1Mb. Does anyone know of any problems that I might encounter by making this upgrade?

Thank You

More about : presario v5000 series cpu upgrade

a b D Laptop
December 30, 2008 7:20:16 PM

You'll find your battery life go down (probably by a significant amount, my guess under 30 minutes), and your notebook will be hotter. Whether or not your notebook can take the delta TDP, I don't know, and there isn't much of a way to know, but your fans will probably just run for longer at higher speeds.
December 31, 2008 4:54:22 PM

Thanks for the help:

According to CPU World at http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/TYPE-Turion%2064%20Mob... the TDP is 35 watts on both processors, at least that's the way I read it. I guess that's what you are refering to. Please look at the website and let me know if I'm mistaken. Again all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Related resources
a b D Laptop
December 31, 2008 8:24:55 PM

Yup, that's what I was referring too. It appears as though you're good to go. You battery life will still go down, however - sorry!
January 1, 2009 12:27:36 AM

I usually us my laptop in motel rooms or where I have a power source so the battery issue isn't critical for me.

Thanks alot.
September 2, 2011 1:36:00 PM

how did you go with that upgrade i want to do exactly the same thing
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
September 5, 2011 1:59:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!