Logitech Messenger , and Webcam Sites

honsbeek2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
Hi,

I'm using my Logitech Webcam , to chat and view my family back home, but during setting up the camera the moving images are very nice and flowing... But as soon as both parties have
there webcam conneted (Both are logitechs) then the moving images are so sluggigh, and jaggy...

Is there ANY way this can be resolved???
Or can any one recommend a other site where one can chat and
view echtother better with webcams...

Thank you Kindly

Ralph

Pentium 4 3.0E (Prescot) 1MB L2
Asus P4P800SE
Samsung DDR (PC 3200) x 2EA in Dual Slots
Radeon 7500 64MB
LG DVDRAM GSA-4082B (DVD Burner)
LG RW/DVD GCC-4521B (Combo)

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Video chat uses a lot of bandwidth. You are probably eating it all up when doing a 2 way conversation.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

honsbeek2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
Got your point ,

Do you prefer the Pentium System or the Athlon system
Why ???

thank you
Ralph

Pentium 4 3.0E (Prescot) 1MB L2
Asus P4P800SE
Samsung DDR (PC 3200) x 2EA in Dual Slots
Radeon 7500 64MB
LG DVDRAM GSA-4082B (DVD Burner)
LG RW/DVD GCC-4521B (Combo)

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I much prefer AMD systems over intel systems. I just have an intel machine because my friend gave me the motherboard and proc for free when my amd mobo broke. DFI and OCZ blow, I had nothing but probs w/ them. When the athlon machine worked it was insanely faster than this pos intel machine. All my friends amd machines smoke this thing and they are older.
That is why I just bought a new Athlon64 machine, the parts should be at my door step tomorrow.

For gaming AMD wins hands down, I would never build a gaming machine w/o an amd proc. For video editing, rendering, office work, etc, I would use an intel proc. They are made for that. Though opterons are catching up and overtaking very fast.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>