Cannot click "Next" in "New connection wizard"

This is very odd. I'm running XP Pro SP2 and trying to create a VPN
connection.

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Create a new connection

The "Welcome to the New Connection Wizard" opens and prompts me to
press Next which I do.

I am given 4 options (none grayed out) Connect to the Internet, Connect
to the network at my workplace, Set up a home or office network and Set
up an advanced connection.

No matter which of these options I select, if I click "Next" nothing
happens, it just sits there.

There is nothing in the error log, I have tried the Registry fixes,
ensured there are no duplicate rasapi32.dll files etc, but nothing
appears to be working. The funny thing is, this is working perfectly on
two other systems running XP Pro SP2. All machines are up to date with
all Microsoft patches.

I'm at a loss as to what is going on. I'm open to suggestions at this
stage.

Regards
Nigel

Run sfc or do a repair install or try setting up the
connection manually following the directions that should be
available.

some support

"Nelgin" <nigelreed-google@nelgin.nu> wrote in message
| This is very odd. I'm running XP Pro SP2 and trying to
create a VPN
| connection.
|
| Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Create a new
connection

| The "Welcome to the New Connection Wizard" opens and
prompts me to
| press Next which I do.
|
| I am given 4 options (none grayed out) Connect to the
Internet, Connect
| to the network at my workplace, Set up a home or office
network and Set
| up an advanced connection.
|
| No matter which of these options I select, if I click
"Next" nothing
| happens, it just sits there.
|
| There is nothing in the error log, I have tried the
Registry fixes,
| ensured there are no duplicate rasapi32.dll files etc, but
nothing
| appears to be working. The funny thing is, this is working
perfectly on
| two other systems running XP Pro SP2. All machines are up
to date with
| all Microsoft patches.
|
| I'm at a loss as to what is going on. I'm open to
suggestions at this
| stage.
|
| Regards
| Nigel

Thanks, I got it working in the end. I htink a reboot fixed it.

Regards
Nigel