Sign in with
Your question

Asus A730 Charging?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
December 18, 2010 2:13:39 AM

Hey all, first post here, hopefully you can help me out. I recently picked up an Asus A730 PDA off craigslist for $45. All the guy gave me was the PDA and a USB Sync Cable (It doesn't have an AC port on the cable, like the stock Asus cord, it seems to be an aftermarket cord) so I plugged it into the USB charger in my truck, and it didn't charge. I plugged it into my HTC USB Wall charger, no charge. At this point, its totally dead, I can occasionally pop it on for about 5 seconds before it shuts back off. So I texted the guy i bought it from, and he said all you had to do was get the right drivers, and it will charge via USB on your computer. So i downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center, and installed it. Plugged the A730 in, didn't charge. So i'm kinda stuck. It seems it came with a utility disk, which makes me think there are drivers for this particular model somewhere that will enable charging via USB, but I can't find them anywhere, i've googled so much stuff, with no results. Does anyone here have experience with this PDA, and if so, if you have the CD, could I get the Drivers? I don't wanna pay ~$20 and wait a few weeks for an AC adapter for it, and would love to just charge it via my Computer, which BTW is a Macbook Pro, and I'm using Windows 7 Professional to try to charge it.

More about : asus a730 charging

December 18, 2010 4:24:48 PM

Thats' the first place I tried, all they have is manuals and firmware for it. No Windows Drivers.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 18, 2010 8:58:30 PM

Well, if you don't want to buy the wall charger, perhaps the next step would be to get in touch with Asus support directly to see if they have any ideas on where you could acquire the proper software/drivers.
m
l
!