What's this login box that is popping up now? I've never had this before and
I've seen it on a couple of computers now.

A login box pops up in the middle of anything - nice Windows colors with two
keys in upper left.. asking for password and login "connecting to
sc.msn.com"? Where the heck is this coming from?

Seems to be related with MSN software like dialer, messenger or even media
player.

Mouse your mouse on the icons you see near system clock, if anything related
to MSN right click and select Exit/Quit/Disable. Try this for each of the
icon available until the box goes away. this should give an idea on what
program does this.
--
JonyBrv

"Jany Doe" wrote:

> What's this login box that is popping up now? I've never had this before and
> I've seen it on a couple of computers now.
>
> A login box pops up in the middle of anything - nice Windows colors with two
> keys in upper left.. asking for password and login "connecting to
> sc.msn.com"? Where the heck is this coming from?

This is a msn's sign in pop up.Nothing abnormal.
regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Jany Doe wrote:
> What's this login box that is popping up now? I've never had this before and
> I've seen it on a couple of computers now.
>
> A login box pops up in the middle of anything - nice Windows colors with two
> keys in upper left.. asking for password and login "connecting to
> sc.msn.com"? Where the heck is this coming from?

Nothing abnormal? But certainly new. And no - it's not normal. It pops up
without being signed in to any MSN products - other than being logged on to
Windows. I've used XP since it first came out. I've used Windows since
Version 3.? and this has never been an issue. It doesn't seem to be any
login that is pertinent to whatever is being conducted on the system at the
random times it pops up.

So when did MSN start arbitrarily sending out a "sign in" pop uo and what in
the world for?