sound control panel on XP

I’m having trouble getting sound out of my laptop when there is
something plugged into the microphone input. The sound records in but
I can’t hear it as it’s doing it. Only after stopping the recording
can I hear the audio.

The playback control panel does not contain "mic" , I’m wondering if
thats the problem. I’d like to be able to hear what is being fed in.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-sound-control-panel-XP-ftopict550756.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1744595

Seems like a half-duplex sound card. It can perform only one action at a
time. Confirm this from your manufacturer. If this is the new model purchased
with XP, should be a full duplex card. Update audio drive to see if it helps.
--
JonyBrv

"" wrote:
> Seems like a half-duplex sound card. It can perform only one
> action at a
> time. Confirm this from your manufacturer. If this is the new
> model purchased
> with XP, should be a full duplex card. Update audio drive to
> see if it helps.
> --
> JonyBrv
>

> "cervantes" wrote:
>
> > I’m having trouble getting sound out of my laptop when
> there is
> > something plugged into the microphone input. The sound
> records in but
> > I can’t hear it as it’s doing it. Only after stopping
> the recording
> > can I hear the audio.
> >
> > The playback control panel does not contain "mic" , I’m
> wondering if
> > thats the problem. I’d like to be able to hear what is
> being fed in.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-sound-control-panel-XP-ftopict550756.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1744595

It is a new computer with xp .. how do I update audio drivers .. I’ll
give that a try.