W7 Freezing inconsistently?

WiseOgre

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Good Afternoon!

I have a challenge for you (Well maybe not for some of you) I've been having problems recently on my new build concerning inconsistent crashes. Every so often, always when browsing the internet my computer will freeze up, but at random times, no one website consistently causes crashes. So, sometimes I might be browsing YouTube and by clicking a link, either a new video, or somewhere else within the site, my computer will freeze. I've waited for a while, but still no response, so I have to do a manual restart. But this only happens when browsing the internet?

This is a new computer, which I built early July (My first build :D ) here are my spec's;

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 570
RAM: 16gb Cosair Vengence
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb
HDD: 1tb WD Caviar Black
PSU: Cosair tx650w
Case: Antec 300 two
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS11X

Now i'm going to give you as much additional information and stuff I have already tried, I have tried everything in my limited knowlage, which why i'm here really, could use some expert help and I have heard great things about this forum.

Things I have tired

Scanning for viruses, full system scan, boot time scan, quick scan. Everything scan! Using Avast pro.
Reinstalling drivers for, Graphics card and network adapter.
Switching browsers, tired Firefox, chrome and IE. Each crash, but like I said, not at the same point.
Removing, then re-installing (And now removing) Flash Player, and Java.
Checking the hard drives for errors or failing, using CrystalDiskInfo, everything fine.
Scanning the RAM for errors using Windows inbuilt software Memory Diagnostics.
Stopping using internet for a day (Browsing, not online gaming) no crashes that day, confirming my theory.
Checking the event log for suspisions, found 2 things, Event ID 10, WMI error, researched and following instuctions here and Event ID 10016 DistributedCOM, which led me to re-install my graphics card drivers, found so called solution here which didn't actually stop either of the errors :fou:. The reason why I choose these is they happen almost the same amount as me having to manually reboot, which creates a critical error Kernal-Power.
I have updated my BIOs to the latest edition
Right now I am running with 8gb instead of 16gb to see if there is a change. Although I'll be honest, I hope to god its a software problem and not hardware, since returning this and getting a new set of sticks will take ages, and with GW2 coming out tomorrow (Already installed, just waiting for access :D ) and Borderlands 2 around the corner, I don't want to have to return these :(

Thats all the things I think I have tired, if there are any more I remember I will post more. Feel free to ask for any aditional information, or tell me off if I have done something wrong.

Thank you for your time and help :bounce:

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Ram (min.) voltage has to match MB default voltage, without OC. Anything in your bios OC-ed ? The challenge is to find a youngster who knows enough to have a professional build their system. They all end up on these boards all over. Have you checked temperatures of CPU/GPU ? Do you have a PSU that supplies enough amps for the posted hardware ? There is no replacement for a memtestx86, 8pass overnight. Do you have a surge protector and/or APC (not required but eliminates bad house wiring).