winmsd - cant collect information

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 28, 2005 6:55:51 PM

winmsd - cant collect information

Hi,

Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
Thanks

Adam

More about : winmsd collect information

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:55:52 PM

Msinfo32.exe Generates a "Can't Collect Information" Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323209&Product=winxp

Right Click on My Computer>Manage>Double-click Services and Applications
in the left-hand pane>Press Services to expand it>Scroll to Windows
Management Instrumentation in the right-hand pane and right-click
it.>Press Stop>Use Windows Explorer to delete all the files in the
%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder.>Shutdown and restart your
computer. The Windows Management Instrumentation service will start and
the files will be re-created.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Adam wrote:

> winmsd - cant collect information
>

> Hi,
>
> Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
> Thanks
>
> Adam

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:55:52 PM

Start|Run|msinfo32.exe

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| winmsd - cant collect information
|

| Hi,
|
| Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
| Thanks
|
| Adam

June 28, 2005 6:55:52 PM

Same answer as in

microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
AND
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

winmsd.exe, the Windows NT Diagnostics tool, launches System Information
(msinfo32.exe.)

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm

Scroll down to:
Msinfo32 - System Information (Error or Missing)
"Can't collect information Access denied to Windows Management
Instrumentation server on this computer. Have an administrator change your
access permissions."

Read the info.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uJ0Ga46eFHA.3040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Adam <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23e61g46eFHA.900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uFsJm46eFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Adam <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> winmsd - cant collect information
>

> Hi,
>
> Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
> Thanks
>
> Adam
July 1, 2005 4:44:10 PM

Done the same thing.