winmsd - cant collect information

Hi,

Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
Thanks

Adam
4 answers Last reply
More about winmsd collect information

    Msinfo32.exe Generates a "Can't Collect Information" Error Message
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323209&Product=winxp

    Right Click on My Computer>Manage>Double-click Services and Applications
    in the left-hand pane>Press Services to expand it>Scroll to Windows
    Management Instrumentation in the right-hand pane and right-click
    it.>Press Stop>Use Windows Explorer to delete all the files in the
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder.>Shutdown and restart your
    computer. The Windows Management Instrumentation service will start and
    the files will be re-created.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Adam wrote:

    > winmsd - cant collect information
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam

    Start|Run|msinfo32.exe

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Adam" <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | winmsd - cant collect information
    |

    | Hi,
    |
    | Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
    | Thanks
    |
    | Adam

    Same answer as in

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
    AND
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

    winmsd.exe, the Windows NT Diagnostics tool, launches System Information
    (msinfo32.exe.)

    Go here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm

    Scroll down to:
    Msinfo32 - System Information (Error or Missing)
    "Can't collect information Access denied to Windows Management
    Instrumentation server on this computer. Have an administrator change your
    access permissions."

    Read the info.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uJ0Ga46eFHA.3040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Adam <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23e61g46eFHA.900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uFsJm46eFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Adam <adam_n_family@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > winmsd - cant collect information
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect information?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam

    Done the same thing.
    But return still the same error.

    Adam.

    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Msinfo32.exe Generates a "Can't Collect Information" Error Message
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323209&Product=winxp
    >
    > Right Click on My Computer>Manage>Double-click Services and Applications
    > in the left-hand pane>Press Services to expand it>Scroll to Windows
    > Management Instrumentation in the right-hand pane and right-click
    > it.>Press Stop>Use Windows Explorer to delete all the files in the
    > %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder.>Shutdown and restart your
    > computer. The Windows Management Instrumentation service will start and
    > the files will be re-created.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >

    > Adam wrote:
    >
    >> winmsd - cant collect information
    >>

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Anyone have any solution to this issue - winmsd:can't collect
    >> information?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Adam

Microsoft Windows XP