Transparency Scanner

JamesClements

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
A work collegue has asked me to find her a scanner that can scan photo's, 35mm neg's and all the usual things but more specifically can scan transparencies in larger photo formats like 6x4, 5x4, 10x8 (Basically A4).

Is there an affordable product on the market as i've just spent half the day researching and am having little luck, with the expception of the HP Transparency Adapter (but i'm not sure this will do the job).

Cost is also a factor as i work for a charity so don't have very deep pockets :( .

Thanks in advance James

xvvvz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
You don't want an HP. Since you need to scan 8x10 tranparencies, look at the Epson 4990, V700 or 750.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

JamesClements

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
You don't want an HP. Since you need to scan 8x10 tranparencies, look at the Epson 4990, V700 or 750.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

I have been looking at the Epson range but i'm not sure they do an adapter for those models only the Expression 1600/1680 both of which are way out of our price range.

I asked what they used before and the manager dug out an old HP ScanJet XPA which used to clib onto the old scanner they used. She says this was adaquate for their needs but HP have no information about which models supported this device, as i would be interested in buying one off Ebay