2nd Hard drive after SP1

I installed the service pack 1, and i have 2 hard drives (basic one, and dynamic) and after i installed the sp1 the dynamic drive is gone and in the system management i found its status (invalid),
so i uninstalled it and it worked fine, so anyone has any solution for this?!
9 answers Last reply
More about hard drive
  1. Backup the drive. Install SP2. Repartition & format the drive. Restore the backup.
  2. why use a dynamic drive? do you really mean a second physical drive, or just a secondary partition. Backups have trouble restoring to dynamics because they don't exist until windows is actually running.
  3. 13thmonkey said:
    why use a dynamic drive? do you really mean a second physical drive, or just a secondary partition. Backups have trouble restoring to dynamics because they don't exist until windows is actually running.

Possibly make it a basic disk then restore the backup. Then go into disk management and convert to dynamic?
  4. i'm not sure a dynamic is needed, you can mirror and stripe dynamically, but a single dynamic, what's the point? could you dismount and then remount the dynamic after the update? nothing obvious pops up in google, i was expecting that perhaps sp1 stopped single disk dynamics?
  5. 13thmonkey said:
    i'm not sure a dynamic is needed, you can mirror and stripe dynamically, but a single dynamic, what's the point? could you dismount and then remount the dynamic after the update? nothing obvious pops up in google, i was expecting that perhaps sp1 stopped single disk dynamics?

I agree, but since the OP stated he had a dynamic disk, I assumed he has it configured this way for a reason.
  6. I was hoping he'd have come back by now, I wouldn't be surprised if its been added as dynamic by mistake. the same question was asked on yahoo answers about 12 hrs ago.
  7. well, i just have a second hard drive, 1.5 T Saegte Green and i dont know why its set on dynamic, but after installing SP1 it doesnt work!!!
  8. convert to basic, then install.
  9. Ok i'm gonna try that and get back to you!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Basic Windows 7