knight2000

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
Hi, im gonna be upgrading my system in the next days but i was wondering if someone can give me some recomendations in what memory RAM concern. My setup is gonna be a ASUS A7NX8-E motherboard, with a Athlon Xp 3200 Cpu now ive been thinking in the Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel, what do you guys think about that memory, and if someone knows another brand that is gonna perform the same but cheaper let me know. Also what do you guys know about the VALUE SELECT memory of Corsair?

CrucialLabs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I think the Corsair memory is good. Do you plan on overclocking? Do not buy Value Ram unless you know for sure it will work in your motherboard. There seems to be some compatibility issues with Value Ram and motherboards/ chipsets so be very careful in your selection. You might want to look at Crucial as well. I would not get caught up in buying a set of dual channel memory modules. The sets are usually higher priced, just buy both modules at the same time for a matched set from any memory manufacturer and they will work in dual channel.

Crucial Performance Lab

www.crucial.com
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
cpl@micron.com

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Speaking of crucial, how does one go about ordering those nifty single-banked 512MB modules Tom's was using in their memory testing?

"If I owned this place and hell, I'd rent out this place and live in hell" - Toombs

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yea, CL has a point. Crucial would be a great choice. It's been known to O/C to 220+ and it is HIGH quality with under-estimated latencies. Need value stuff? Go with Mushkin basic Green! :smile:

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!