xom

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to reactivate but it says
my product key is invalid. This happened last time I reinstalled
windows xp but I got it working by calling the telephone option and
them giving me a new product key
but this time they wont they say to call emachines because my computer
is techically still a emachines computer(I have done so much upgrading
to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So when I call
emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the porblem was cause
by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer. So I called
microsoft again andthey said call
emachines agian even when I told them that I already did and got
nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of windows?

--
Xom

Buy a new XP CD would be proper way. You could buy a full
retail CD which can be installed on as many computers (in
sequence, one at a time) or a MS OEM which will still be
tied to the computer to which it is first installed to save
some cash up front.

some support

Xom wrote:
> I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to reactivate but it
> says my product key is invalid. This happened last time I reinstalled
> windows xp but I got it working by calling the telephone option and
> them giving me a new product key
> but this time they wont they say to call emachines because my computer
> is techically still a emachines computer(I have done so much upgrading
> to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So when I call
> emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the porblem was cause
> by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer. So I called
> microsoft again andthey said call
> emachines agian even when I told them that I already did and got
> nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of windows?

3 ways, but not all are good ones.

1.) Download a crack.

2.) Call both MS and emachines back, record the conversations & get a
lawyer.

3.) It's probably too late, but call back and tell the MS phone rep that
you used a slipstreamed SP2 OEM CD to reinstall XP on your computer. If
asked why you needed to reinstall, the reason for your reinstalled was
you upgraded components, but under no circumstances say you upgraded the
motherboard.

--
Peace!
Kurt

You seem to have 3 choices.
1. Install the original Emachine motherboard in the original computer.
2. Return the motherboard and buy an Emachines motherboard.
3. Buy Windows XP or the operating system of your choice.

Windows XP that originally came with that computer is tied to the
motherboard.
Use that motherboard in another computer and you should have no problem
installing and activating Windows XP.

One of the disadvantages of OEM can be limitations of upgrading imposed by
the computer manufacturer, this is what you have come up against in this
case.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Xom" <Xom.1rc3pn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to reactivate but it says
> my product key is invalid. This happened last time I reinstalled
> windows xp but I got it working by calling the telephone option and
> them giving me a new product key
> but this time they wont they say to call emachines because my computer
> is techically still a emachines computer(I have done so much upgrading
> to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So when I call
> emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the porblem was cause
> by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer. So I called
> microsoft again andthey said call
> emachines agian even when I told them that I already did and got
> nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of windows?
>

> --
> Xom

Alias

Gosh, how nice. Pay for XP twice. Seems like a scam to me.

Alias

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote

> Buy a new XP CD would be proper way. You could buy a full
> retail CD which can be installed on as many computers (in
> sequence, one at a time) or a MS OEM which will still be
> tied to the computer to which it is first installed to save
> some cash up front.

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Xom" <Xom.1rc3pn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> |
> | I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to
> reactivate but it says
> | my product key is invalid. This happened last time I
> reinstalled
> | windows xp but I got it working by calling the telephone
> option and
> | them giving me a new product key
> | but this time they wont they say to call emachines because
> my computer
> | is techically still a emachines computer(I have done so
> much upgrading
> | to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So
> when I call
> | emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the
> porblem was cause
> | by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer. So
> I called
> | microsoft again andthey said call
> | emachines agian even when I told them that I already did
> and got
> | nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of
> windows?
> |

> | --
> | Xom

No scam, it is and always has been the way it is. You buy a
computer in Spain or China with an OEM OS and then want to
upgrade. Upgrades use the same language because English and
French don't mix.

As I said, he can buy a MS OEM for the same price as an
upgrade CD and do a clean install (in the part you snipped).

some support

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
| Gosh, how nice. Pay for XP twice. Seems like a scam to me.
|
| Alias

| > Buy a new XP CD would be proper way. You could buy a
full
| > retail CD which can be installed on as many computers
(in
| > sequence, one at a time) or a MS OEM which will still be
| > tied to the computer to which it is first installed to
save
| > some cash up front.
| >

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "Xom" <Xom.1rc3pn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
| > |
| > | I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to
| > reactivate but it says
| > | my product key is invalid. This happened last time I
| > reinstalled
| > | windows xp but I got it working by calling the
telephone
| > option and
| > | them giving me a new product key
| > | but this time they wont they say to call emachines
because
| > my computer
| > | is techically still a emachines computer(I have done
so
| > much upgrading
| > | to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So
| > when I call
| > | emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the
| > porblem was cause
| > | by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer.
So
| > I called
| > | microsoft again andthey said call
| > | emachines agian even when I told them that I already
did
| > and got
| > | nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of
| > windows?
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | Xom

Call PA again and don't tell them so much, or tell them something more in
line with your configuration. You don't have to pay for XP twice OEM or not.
It's a generic OEM you've got? Don't register it either, just activate it.

-Winux P.

"Xom" <Xom.1rc3pn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to reactivate but it says
> my product key is invalid. This happened last time I reinstalled
> windows xp but I got it working by calling the telephone option and
> them giving me a new product key
> but this time they wont they say to call emachines because my computer
> is techically still a emachines computer(I have done so much upgrading
> to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So when I call
> emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the porblem was cause
> by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer. So I called
> microsoft again andthey said call
> emachines agian even when I told them that I already did and got
> nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of windows?
>

> --
> Xom

He has an EMachine OEM not generic. Generic will activate
on-line every 120 days. His eMachine CD is looking for an
eMachine mobo. MS does not and never has issued PK for
mfg'r OEM...

"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message

| Call PA again and don't tell them so much, or tell them
something more in
| line with your configuration. You don't have to pay for XP
twice OEM or not.
| It's a generic OEM you've got? Don't register it either,
just activate it.

| -Winux P.
|
| "Xom" <Xom.1rc3pn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
| >
| > I just reinstalled windows xp and it wants me to
reactivate but it says
| > my product key is invalid. This happened last time I
reinstalled
| > windows xp but I got it working by calling the telephone
option and
| > them giving me a new product key
| > but this time they wont they say to call emachines
because my computer
| > is techically still a emachines computer(I have done so
much upgrading
| > to my computer that really no longer an emachines). So
when I call
| > emachines they couldnt do anything and they said the
porblem was cause
| > by the non emachine motherbroad I have in my computer.
So I called
| > microsoft again andthey said call
| > emachines agian even when I told them that I already did
and got
| > nowhere. So is there any way I can activate my copy of
windows?

| > --
| > Xom

Bummer Jim...