Random BSOD 0x0000001a Memory_Management

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hey guys,

I keep getting random BSOD (usually in the very early A.M. while sleeping) and I can't quite figure out what is causing it. I doubt it's a driver as I've uninstalled almost every one while trying to narrow down my problem; pretty sure it's a program. I've also ran Memtest several times and passed without errors.

Here are my system specs:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz 40 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DZ68DB (SOCKET 0) 33 °C
Graphics
896MB GeForce GTX 260 (BFG Tech) 51 °C
Hard Drives
112GB SanDisk SDSSDX120GG25 (SSD) 26 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB
Audio
E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM)

Here's my Blue Screen Viewer report:

==================================================
Dump File : 081412-4461-01.dmp
Crash Time : 8/14/2012 6:02:01 AM
Bug Check String : MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00041287
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000080
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17835 (win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\081412-4461-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 292,256
==================================================

If anyone could provide assistance I would definitely appreciate it. I thought it may be the memory, but memtest proved that probably wasn't it. If you guys see something I don't, or if there is information I left out, please don't hesitant to post here.

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Scout, I probably should have mentioned that I ran Windows Mem Diagnostic a couple days ago and am still getting BSOD. Gamerk, I've ran memtest several times and each time it comes back clean. Should I rearrange the order of the memory sticks?

disable sleep/standby modes (hybrid sleep, hibernate, standby etc) hell even HDD power down (seen issues with that from time to time)

if that doesnt help do a fresh install of windows to confirm

also check perhaps that its not windows doing updates at ~3am

if you look at Reliability Monitor tool aswell it can help

Oh and if thats a Creative sound card you have there look at that, i used to love Creative products in the day (loved my SoundBlaster16) but these days there rubbish, last time i tried with one it would BSOD even after i took out the card and drivers, had to do a fresh install to fix it, nasty rubbish.

check the mb bios and the one from intel. the newest bios is 0043 and has some ram fixes for low voltage ram.
i would use cpu-z and read the spd info of your ram and see if the mb with the new bios is setting up the ram speed and timing and voltage right.

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

I believe the bios I'm running right now is 0040 so I'll update that then update this post with results. Thank you so much for the reply.

Apache: I will definitely try all of those things before I update this post tomorrow, but I will save the fresh install for last as I'll try to troubleshoot the issue first. As for the sound card, it's not Creative, it's a sound card specifically made for audio engineering since I do that part-time. It's also not Windows Updates as I have that set manually. But I will disable sleep/standby modes and see if that works, thanks a lot for the helpful response ;)

try bios in 1 of the menus there should be event timer/precision events or high precision event timer. make sure its enabled if it also gives an option of either 32 or 64 then match it to your o.s bitrate ie 64 for win 7 64.

Excessive CPU temperatures
Improper power usage
Memory failures
Non-functional BIOS (Basic Input/output System)
Virus Infection
cal all couse this error... so if you still have issues then stess test the pc with prime 95 for temps doing a blend test
superpi 32m to test cache and large amounts of ram.
if it locks up on superpi its likely a memory problem. if it fails prime 95 it should tell you if its a cpu or mem issue... keep an eye on your temps while testing.

A few things it could be if memtest comes up clean. Next best guess is RAM that needs a little more voltage for stability purposes [which can happen when all 4 slots are used]. Memtest isn't the best for picking up this problem, though Prime 95 typically can [just watch temps].

As a quick test, run with only two sticks and see if the problem goes away. If it does, try giving the RAM a small voltage bump.

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Sorry for the day away guys, was visiting family out of town.

To my knowledge there hasn't been any blue screens since I updated my bios about two days ago. I'll continue to stress test my system and will update this thread within the week with result. Thanks a lot!

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hey guys,

So last night I blue screen'd again. This is after running prime 95, super pi 32m, and memtest with zero failures. I've got all the latest drivers, updated bios (didn't see an HPET option, Hexit) and deleted some programs known to cause BSOD like daemon tools and mcafee.

Any other suggestions? Should I try switching around the memory sticks and see if that works? One thing I haven't tried is using cpu-z to read the memory spd and match it with that of the bios as Smorizio suggested, simply because I have no idea what I'm doing in that regard.

If you all can think of anything else, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Name and model of the RAM is:

Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Manufacturer Corsair Vengeance
Max Bandwidth PC3-10700H (667 MHz)
Part Number CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

Trying that site now scout.

Everything is coming clean, and yet you are still getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD's...

I'd double check the BIOS RAM settings to make sure they match part spec. If they do, I'd try loosening the timings, as the RAM might be underperforming a bit. A minor voltage bump might also help...

Calitarian

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hey all, haven't blue screen'd in a couple days so let's hope all is well.

If not, I'll be sure to loosen the timings and voltage bump the ram a bit. The voltage of the sticks are at 1.5 scout and if I blue screen again any time soon, I'll be sure to test them individually then as a duo, then as a trio.

Thanks for the assistance guys. If I don't blue screen from here on out I'll still make sure to update this thread once again.