Is Godzilla a Dwarf?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Is Godzilla a dwarf? No, really. His body's huge for his height, so
how about making his base form SM +1 with short arms and legs, and
then scaling that up to whatever height you want him in your game?

Opinions?

-- M.J.

"Red Beard" <Akahige@HotPOP.com> wrote in message
> Is Godzilla a dwarf? No, really. His body's huge for his height, so
> how about making his base form SM +1 with short arms and legs, and
> then scaling that up to whatever height you want him in your game?
>
> Opinions?
>
> -- M.J.

I'm not sure what SM+1 means. Is this a 4th edition term I'm haven't gotten
familiar with yet or something?

Scooter the mighty wrote:
> "Red Beard" <Akahige@HotPOP.com> wrote in message
>> Is Godzilla a dwarf? No, really. His body's huge for his height, so
>> how about making his base form SM +1 with short arms and legs, and
>> then scaling that up to whatever height you want him in your game?
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> -- M.J.
>
> I'm not sure what SM+1 means. Is this a 4th edition term I'm haven't
> gotten familiar with yet or something?

Size Modifier. What he's suggesting is that Godzilla (SM, I dunno, +12?) is
actually from a race that should SM +13, but Godzilla has Dwarfism, which
gives -1 SM, shorter arms, and reduced move.

--
_ _ _ http://home.stny.rr.com/gurpsland
|_ ,_ . _ |_> (_` _ . _|_ |_

"The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get
much sleep." - Woody Allen

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Red Beard <Akahige@hotpop.com> wrote:
>Is Godzilla a dwarf? No, really. His body's huge for his height, so
>how about making his base form SM +1 with short arms and legs, and
>then scaling that up to whatever height you want him in your game?

>Opinions?

Well, my first thought is, do you really wanna be calling Godzilla
a dwarf? I wouldn't say it to his face, anyway. Assuming I could
get up that high, of course.

"Hey, shorty!" Yeah, not going there.

My second thought is, if you want to cover Godzilla's odd physique
with a disadvantage, you should probably go with one made up for
the occasion. Dwarism isn't a bad fit, as you note, but I think
"Guy In Rubber Suit" would be more suitable.

Pete

On 3 Dec 2004 14:02:46 GMT, Peter Meilinger <mellnger@bu.edu> wrote:

>Well, my first thought is, do you really wanna be calling Godzilla
>a dwarf? I wouldn't say it to his face, anyway. Assuming I could
>get up that high, of course.
>
>"Hey, shorty!" Yeah, not going there.
>
>My second thought is, if you want to cover Godzilla's odd physique
>with a disadvantage, you should probably go with one made up for
>the occasion. Dwarism isn't a bad fit, as you note, but I think
>"Guy In Rubber Suit" would be more suitable.

Ok, I was just kidding about the Dwarfism bit, but I do think that he
should be considered a SM +1 creature with short arms and legs. What
I really wanted to know is whether anyone disagrees with that or has a
better way to stat it.

The other way to do it is to give him a long neck, which I don't know
the way to judge the point cost of. But overall, I think the SM +1
with short limbs is the easiest way.

-- M.J.