KoRn_quebecois

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
hi
all these kinds of memory are confusing me
i would like to know what are the differences(speed, cost, all the propreties...) between all the kinds of Ram. I want to change of mobo and i have P4 (willamette,400Mhz front side bus, socket 478) but i really don't know how to choose my new Ram. I have money and I am not a big gamer. thanks

Vive le métal!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you plan on a CPU upgrade later, you should get at least PC3200 (the base speed for newer P4s). Dual Channel (as in, using matched pairs) is prefered. PC3700 or PC4000 would give you more room to overclock your future P4 upgrade.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

Si yu veux des bons prix a montreal ou les environs
<A HREF="http://www.sohodiffusion.com" target="_new">http://www.sohodiffusion.com</A>
Si tas des questions hesite pas TheRod peux taider aussi =)

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-3-3-8, Leadtek FX5900 w/ FX5950U bios@500/1000, 2X30gig Raid0

CrucialLabs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
You can eliminate most of the memory out there if you are going to a newer processor. The new processors use PC3200 memory as a minimum so start there. Anything less then PC3200 do not even look at.

Crucial Performance Lab

www.crucial.com
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
cpl@micron.com

KoRn_quebecois

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
es-ce que sohodiffusions possède un magasin a montreal ou on doit achter en ligne obligatoirement? ciao

Metal Music Is My Religion And I Am Not A Terrorist.

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Oh great, here come the canadians.. [in my best homer simpson impression]

<b><font color=red> ATI 9600Pro </font color=red></b>
<b><font color=green> AthlonXP-M 2500+ OC'd 3200+ </font color=green></b>
<b><font color=blue> Abit NF7-S </font color=blue></b>
<b><font color=black> 2x256MB Corsair PC3200 </font color=black></b>

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
At least they have universal health care. I work in medical billing, it's not a good idea to not have insurance.

"If I owned this place and hell, I'd rent out this place and live in hell" - Toombs

G

pas de magasin mais. Le gars viens livre chez vous(montreal et les environ) et tu peux payer de plusieurs manieres...Tout mon materiel viens de la bien fiable.

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-3-3-8, Leadtek FX5900 w/ FX5950U bios@500/1000, 2X30gig Raid0

G

Hehe

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
The more government dole-outs there are the more dishonest people take advantage of them. Not saying people can't occasionally use a helping hand. But it should be recognized with gratitude not expected and quickly forgotten in the fervor to get more, more, more.

The poorest, homeless person in the U.S. (and I imagine the same is true for Canada) has more opportunities, possibilities, support, resources, etc. than some of the "richest" in other parts of the world. Compared to 50-100 years ago the poorest person in this county has more than the richest would have had in most of the world. Many people in the world don't even have the food to eat to sustain them day to day yet people in this country are constantly b**ching and whining about what they don't have. It is sickening in my book. I think everyone that works should just foot the bill and all the lazy, sorry ass, good for nothings should just sponge off them, abuse their children, get drunk, stoned, high or whatever and put out their hands for more, more more.....Most of these selfish sobs could care less about anyone else as long as they are satiated; which for that very reason they can never truly be.

I certainly don't blame the homeless people or the seriously poor. It is the liberal dearest comrade whiners that piss me off.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zeekfu on 06/17/04 04:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
It is the liberal dearest comrade whiners that piss me off
Obviously a well thought out response. I wasn't even talking about unemployed, homeless people. I was talking about someone who works at MCDonalds to pay for college, and they only have $50,000 of coverage. So when you get cancer and the hospital bills you for $125,000, your name pops up on this little sheet I get. Then I call you, and send you an application for medicaid and if you get approved then you only owe about $15,000. If not, the hospital writes some off, and sends your name to a collection agency to get $30,000 you don't have. Soo... I have health insurance, and if the US got Universal Health I'd lose my job, but I still think its a good idea.

"If I owned this place and hell, I'd rent out this place and live in hell" - Toombs

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
If you don't have it they can't get it..simple as that.

That is why someone with some money in the bank would probably think getting in a fist fight through a bit more than someone who has nothing to loose. You can sue all you want but if they don't have it you can't get it. There is no debtor’s court in the United States of America.

And yes it is a well thought out response. I am just sick and tired of hearing people who have it so good whining about what they don't have.

If you get cancer I suppose you will be treated if that is what you want regardless of what insurance you have. But that brings up another point, the billions spent on prolonging the last 6 months of peoples lives. I'm not saying it isn't a good idea to have health insurance. What I am saying is that if you truly don't have anything there is nothing for them to take.

Socialize the legal system first then we'll talk about socializing medicine. We are building a society in which dishonest ambulance chasing greedy lawyers run the government, hence the rise of the whiney liberal fags.