Recovery Console and XP SP2

Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on the
list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup stated
"Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
newer than the version on the CD"

--
Micah E.
A+ Cert.

    Create the integrated install and install the RC from there.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prbd_std_vzku.asp

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Micah E." wrote:
    | Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
    the
    | list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
    stated
    | "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
    | newer than the version on the CD"
    |
    | --
    | Micah E.
    | A+ Cert.

    I believe you have to create a slipstreamed cd with XP SP2.

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#rcsp2

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Slipstream your copy of windows xp with service pack 2 and then install
    recovery console as normal. Details on slipstreaming are available on my
    website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and
    take a look at question 83

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "Micah E." <mpezzell@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
    > the
    > list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
    > stated
    > "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
    > newer than the version on the CD"
    >
    > --
    > Micah E.
    > A+ Cert.

    yes that is with the /s switch and the location of the i386

    --
    Micah E.
    A+ Cert.

    "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Slipstream your copy of windows xp with service pack 2 and then install
    > recovery console as normal. Details on slipstreaming are available on my
    > website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and
    > take a look at question 83
    >
    > --
    > John Barnett MVP
    > Associate Expert
    > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    >

    > "Micah E." <mpezzell@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
    >> the
    >> list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
    >> stated
    >> "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
    >> newer than the version on the CD"
    >>
    >> --
    >> Micah E.
    >> A+ Cert.

    Use the SP2 version of winnt32.exe in your original XP i386 folder

    Jon

    "Micah E." <mpezzell@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
    > the
    > list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
    > stated
    > "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
    > newer than the version on the CD"
    >
    > --
    > Micah E.
    > A+ Cert.