Recovery Console and XP SP2

Tags:
  • Recovery Console
  • Windows XP
June 28, 2005 12:41:46 PM

Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on the
list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup stated
"Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
newer than the version on the CD"

--
Micah E.
A+ Cert.

More about : recovery console sp2

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:41:47 PM

Create the integrated install and install the RC from there.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Micah E." wrote:
| Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
the
| list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
stated
| "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
| newer than the version on the CD"
|
| --
| Micah E.
| A+ Cert.

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:41:47 PM

I believe you have to create a slipstreamed cd with XP SP2.

"Micah E." wrote:

> Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on the
> list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup stated
> "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
> newer than the version on the CD"
>
> --
> Micah E.
> A+ Cert.

Related resources
June 28, 2005 12:41:47 PM

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#rcsp2

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Slipstream your copy of windows xp with service pack 2 and then install
recovery console as normal. Details on slipstreaming are available on my
website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and
take a look at question 83

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Micah E." <mpezzell@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
> the
> list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
> stated
> "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
> newer than the version on the CD"
>
> --
> Micah E.
> A+ Cert.

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:41:15 PM

yes that is with the /s switch and the location of the i386

--
Micah E.
A+ Cert.

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Slipstream your copy of windows xp with service pack 2 and then install
> recovery console as normal. Details on slipstreaming are available on my
> website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and
> take a look at question 83
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>

> "Micah E." <mpezzell@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to install Recovery Console, so it is displayed on
>> the
>> list of OSs menu, with XP SP2? I tried winnt32.exe /cmdcons but setup
>> stated
>> "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
>> newer than the version on the CD"
>>
>> --
>> Micah E.
>> A+ Cert.

June 28, 2005 10:12:16 PM

Use the SP2 version of winnt32.exe in your original XP i386 folder

Jon

!