Cosmic Fatigue and Hit Points

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

In thinking about translating some of the rules from _The Primal Order_ into
GURPS 4e I got to thinking about Cosmic applied to Fatigue and Hit Points.
What do people think of the following rules?

Cosmic (+50%) Hit Points are treated as Damage Resistance against non-cosmic
attacks. Additionally, a character with Cosmic Hit Points cannot be reduced
below -10 x _Normal_ Hit Points from non-cosmic damage. (e.g. a character
with 2 normal Hit Points and 18 Cosmic Hit Points cannot go below -20 or -1xHP
from normal damage.) Cosmic Hit Points used to power non-Cosmic abilities are
not taken as damage and do not generate any penalites.

Cosmic (+50%) Fatigue used to power non-Cosmic abilities are available on the
character's next turn. Using Cosmic Fatigue does _not_ mean that the ability
they power becomes Cosmic.

Jefferson
http://www.picotech.net/~jeff_wilson63/rpg/

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:02:20 -0700, Jefferson
<Jeff_Wilson63@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>In thinking about translating some of the rules from _The Primal Order_ into
>GURPS 4e I got to thinking about Cosmic applied to Fatigue and Hit Points.
>What do people think of the following rules?
>
>Cosmic (+50%) Hit Points are treated as Damage Resistance against non-cosmic
>attacks. Additionally, a character with Cosmic Hit Points cannot be reduced
>below -10 x _Normal_ Hit Points from non-cosmic damage. (e.g. a character
>with 2 normal Hit Points and 18 Cosmic Hit Points cannot go below -20 or -1xHP
>from normal damage.) Cosmic Hit Points used to power non-Cosmic abilities are
>not taken as damage and do not generate any penalites.

Hm. Too cheap. Way, way, way too cheap. Insanely cheap. Did I
mention it was cheap?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:02:20 -0700, Jefferson
<Jeff_Wilson63@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>In thinking about translating some of the rules from _The Primal Order_ into
>GURPS 4e I got to thinking about Cosmic applied to Fatigue and Hit Points.
>What do people think of the following rules?
[...]
>Cosmic (+50%) Hit Points are treated as Damage Resistance against non-cosmic
[...]
>Cosmic (+50%) Fatigue used to power non-Cosmic abilities are available on the
[...]

I think they are REALLY cheap for what they do.
Also, they create loopholes and cost breakdowns exploitations.
If you have Cosmic Fatigue (2) [9], why don't buy ALL your advantages
with Costs Fatigue (2) [-10%]? In an high-powered game (in which
Cosmic is more likely to appear), 90 pts of powers are non THAT HIGH.

These allows too much min-maxing.

A part from rules, I think it should be more dramatic to have a hero
(or demigod, or whatever) with LOTS of HP and FP, but that can come to
an end...
You may represent his recovery capability with Regeneration and/or
Very Fit (or a custom "regeneration for FP").

Korin Duval

--

"Truth requires a great amount of courage;
Fiction requires a great amount of maturity."