64bit problem

baker35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I have been running win 7 home prem but the windows compatability test says my machine is 64 bit compatable. After doing a clean install it gets to the end and says windows could not configure on this machine i have no idea what could cause this. please any help would be apreciated

baker35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
sorry my pc is a dell optiplex 745 with 4.5 gb ram ( 32 bit dont use it all) dual core pentium d 3.4ghz and an asus 5450 hd graphics card. Nothing more on the error message it just says windows cant configure on your machine. sorry should of put all this in the first place.

System requirements:
http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/products/system-requirements
f you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:
•1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
•1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
•16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
•DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
.... Looks Like you meet Min requirements.

Just a comment/Question. How is your Ram configured? Is it runing Single or Daul Channel? Daul channel is prefered, Reqires Ram installed in pairs and Pair is made up of equal sized ram.

ADDED
If you still have an operating system on computer you can download the advisor (link Below) and it may identify what your problem is.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

baker35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

it must be single ram set up as it is a mismacth of what i took from my old pc 2x 1gig 1x2gig 1x 512mb I ran the upgrade advisor and it too said i was compatable. hhmmm

baker35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

no its not that as i did a full format of my drive and installed on a 80 gig partition but thanks for the intrest m8

baker35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Information about upgrading to 64-bit Windows 7
System
Details
Custom installation required
You'll need to perform a custom installation of 64-bit Windows 7 and then reinstall your programs. Make sure to back up your files before you begin.
Go online to get important information about custom installation
20 GB free hard disk space required
You need at least 20 GB of free space on your hard disk to install 64-bit Windows 7.

More info from Dell Inc.

Dell Inc. has a website that might give you more information about getting Windows 7 running on your PC.
Visit the Dell Inc. website
Windows Aero support
Your graphics adapter supports the Windows Aero user interface.
Go online to learn more about Windows Aero
CPU speed: 3.4 GHz
Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.
3.0 GB of RAM
Your PC meets the 2 GB minimum requirement.
this is the upgrade advisor report

baker35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
im my bio's i have the following options for hard drives
DRIVES
SATA-0 ON/OFF
SATA-1 ON/OFF
SATA OPERATION NORAML/LEGACY

NOTHING ABOUT AHCI AT ALL :(
Sorry i know im a pain in the ........lol it even says in bio's under prosessor that it is 64bit!!!! aaaahhhh

TRENDING THREADS