Windows XP and Paperport 7.0

I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several registry
locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup folder for
myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all users who
log on including admin.).

Any suggestions?

--
Mark Miller
Sinclair Insurance Group

Mark

Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
current version is at 10..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
>I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
>reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
>(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
>but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
>directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
>disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
>registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
>folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all
>users who log on including admin.).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Mark Miller
> Sinclair Insurance Group
> Wallingford, CT
> 203-284-3237

Mike is completely correct, PP 7 is an aging program but still works good, I
am running XP Pro w/PP 7.
I would remove it through Add & Remove Programs reboot then reinstall and
apply these service packs.

http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp
PP_SP7005.exe
PP_SP702.exe

--
Good Day
River Rat

Mark

Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
current version is at 10..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
>I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
>reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
>(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
>but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
>directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
>disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
>registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
>folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all
>users who log on including admin.).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Mark Miller
> Sinclair Insurance Group
> Wallingford, CT
> 203-284-3237

Thanks. I have already done all of these things to no avail.

Mark

"River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> Mike is completely correct, PP 7 is an aging program but still works good,
> am running XP Pro w/PP 7.
> I would remove it through Add & Remove Programs reboot then reinstall and
> apply these service packs.
>
> http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp
> PP_SP7005.exe
> PP_SP702.exe
>

> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Mark
>
> Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
> current version is at 10..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>

> "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
>>I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
>>reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
>>(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
>>but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the
>>Paperport
>>directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
>>disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
>>registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
>>folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for
>>all
>>users who log on including admin.).
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> --
>> Mark Miller
>> Sinclair Insurance Group
>> Wallingford, CT
>> 203-284-3237

The only other thing I can suggest would be to remove, reboot, download the
service packs to a folder then turn off virus protection, firewall, & any
spyware programs running in the background then reinstall everything
rebooting after installing the program and each service pack.
I would think there is something running in the background causing file
corruption during the install.

--
Good Day
River Rat

Thanks. I have already done all of these things to no avail.

Mark

"River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> Mike is completely correct, PP 7 is an aging program but still works good,
> am running XP Pro w/PP 7.
> I would remove it through Add & Remove Programs reboot then reinstall and
> apply these service packs.
>
> http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp
> PP_SP7005.exe
> PP_SP702.exe
>

> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Mark
>
> Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
> current version is at 10..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>

> "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
>>I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
>>reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
>>(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
>>but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the
>>Paperport
>>directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
>>disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
>>registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
>>folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for
>>all
>>users who log on including admin.).
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> --
>> Mark Miller
>> Sinclair Insurance Group
>> Wallingford, CT
>> 203-284-3237

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Start > run > msconfig > Startup (tab)

Uncheck ALL entries relating to paperport (you don't need any of them
starting up at startup) > OK

Jon