Windows XP and Paperport 7.0

I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several registry
locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup folder for
myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all users who
log on including admin.).

Any suggestions?

--
Mark Miller
Sinclair Insurance Group

    Mark

    Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
    current version is at 10..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
    >I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
    >reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
    >(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
    >but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
    >directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
    >disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
    >registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
    >folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all
    >users who log on including admin.).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > --
    > Mark Miller
    > Sinclair Insurance Group
    > Wallingford, CT
    > 203-284-3237

    Mike is completely correct, PP 7 is an aging program but still works good, I
    am running XP Pro w/PP 7.
    I would remove it through Add & Remove Programs reboot then reinstall and
    apply these service packs.

    http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp
    PP_SP7005.exe
    PP_SP702.exe

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    Mark

    Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
    current version is at 10..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
    >I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
    >reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
    >(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
    >but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
    >directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
    >disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
    >registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
    >folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all
    >users who log on including admin.).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > --
    > Mark Miller
    > Sinclair Insurance Group
    > Wallingford, CT
    > 203-284-3237

    Thanks. I have already done all of these things to no avail.

    Mark

    "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
    > Mike is completely correct, PP 7 is an aging program but still works good,
    > am running XP Pro w/PP 7.
    > I would remove it through Add & Remove Programs reboot then reinstall and
    > apply these service packs.
    >
    > http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp
    > PP_SP7005.exe
    > PP_SP702.exe
    >

    > --
    > Good Day
    > River Rat
    >

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Mark
    >
    > Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
    > current version is at 10..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
    > it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
    >

    > "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
    >>I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
    >>reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
    >>(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
    >>but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the
    >>Paperport
    >>directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
    >>disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
    >>registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
    >>folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for
    >>all
    >>users who log on including admin.).
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark Miller
    >> Sinclair Insurance Group
    >> Wallingford, CT
    >> 203-284-3237

    The only other thing I can suggest would be to remove, reboot, download the
    service packs to a folder then turn off virus protection, firewall, & any
    spyware programs running in the background then reinstall everything
    rebooting after installing the program and each service pack.
    I would think there is something running in the background causing file
    corruption during the install.

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    Thanks. I have already done all of these things to no avail.

    Mark

    "River_Rat" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
    > Mike is completely correct, PP 7 is an aging program but still works good,
    > am running XP Pro w/PP 7.
    > I would remove it through Add & Remove Programs reboot then reinstall and
    > apply these service packs.
    >
    > http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp
    > PP_SP7005.exe
    > PP_SP702.exe
    >

    > --
    > Good Day
    > River Rat
    >

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Mark
    >
    > Paperport 7 is an aging program that was not designated ok with XP.. the
    > current version is at 10..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
    > it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
    >

    > "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
    >>I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
    >>reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
    >>(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
    >>but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the
    >>Paperport
    >>directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
    >>disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
    >>registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
    >>folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for
    >>all
    >>users who log on including admin.).
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark Miller
    >> Sinclair Insurance Group
    >> Wallingford, CT
    >> 203-284-3237

    Start > run > msconfig > Startup (tab)

    Uncheck ALL entries relating to paperport (you don't need any of them
    starting up at startup) > OK

    Jon

    "Mark Miller" <mmiller@sinclair-insurance.com> wrote in message
    >I recently rebuilt my workstation and reloaded XP Pro SP 2. I have
    >reinstalled all my software but I am having trouble with Paperport
    >(Scansoft). The Paperport re-install went ok and my scanner is functional
    >but every time I reboot or log on an explorer window opens to the Paperport
    >directory on my c drive. I uninstalled the software and the symptoms
    >disappeared. I reinstalled and it came back. I've checked several
    >registry locations as found in other posts. I have checked the startup
    >folder for myself and all users (note: the explorer window pops up for all
    >users who log on including admin.).
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > --
    > Mark Miller