Fantasy about face...

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 10, 2004 3:28:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

I was deeply happy to finally lay my hands on a copy of the new GURPS
Fantasy, and almost revently opened the hardcovers to enjoy the book from
page one, only to find the entire contents were upside down and back to
front. Has this happened to a lot of copies, or am I just the lucky one?
Sadly it was the last copy, so I can't exchange it :-(

--
Regards

Tim Pollard

www.timpollard.com

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
- Captain Mal Reynolds, 'Firefly'

More about : fantasy face

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 3:28:27 AM

"Tim Pollard" <timpollard@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was deeply happy to finally lay my hands on a copy of the new GURPS
> Fantasy, and almost revently opened the hardcovers to enjoy the book from
> page one, only to find the entire contents were upside down and back to
> front. Has this happened to a lot of copies, or am I just the lucky one?
> Sadly it was the last copy, so I can't exchange it :-(

My fantasy about face is that I look like Brad Pitt. Much more
disappointing, and much harder to fix.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 4:37:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

In article <K46ud.423$sS1.37@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>,
Tim Pollard <timpollard@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I was deeply happy to finally lay my hands on a copy of the new GURPS
>Fantasy, and almost revently opened the hardcovers to enjoy the book from
>page one, only to find the entire contents were upside down and back to
>front. Has this happened to a lot of copies, or am I just the lucky one?
>Sadly it was the last copy, so I can't exchange it :-(

Airplane stamps are worth a lot more when the plane is printed upside
down. I don't know if that's true of GURPS books, too.

--
"There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman!" --
Groundskeeper Willy

Tim Pollard wrote:
> I was deeply happy to finally lay my hands on a copy of the new GURPS
> Fantasy, and almost revently opened the hardcovers to enjoy the book
> from page one, only to find the entire contents were upside down and
> back to front. Has this happened to a lot of copies, or am I just the
> lucky one? Sadly it was the last copy, so I can't exchange it :-(

If this really upset you contact <orders@warehouse23.com>, even if you
didn't order it from them. They will most assuredly replace it for you
free of charge, and they like to know about these types of errors even if
you don't want a replacement so they can take the go thwap the printer.

--
_ _ _ http://home.stny.rr.com/gurpsland
|_ ,_ . _ |_> (_` _ . _|_ |_

Thoughts good! Slogans bad! Thoughts good! Slogans bad!
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 8:17:03 PM

"Eric B. Smith" <smithericb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Tim Pollard wrote:
> > I was deeply happy to finally lay my hands on a copy of the new GURPS
> > Fantasy, and almost revently opened the hardcovers to enjoy the book
> > from page one, only to find the entire contents were upside down and
> > back to front. Has this happened to a lot of copies, or am I just the
> > lucky one? Sadly it was the last copy, so I can't exchange it :-(
>
> If this really upset you contact <orders@warehouse23.com>, even if you
> didn't order it from them. They will most assuredly replace it for you
> free of charge, and they like to know about these types of errors even if
> you don't want a replacement so they can take the go thwap the printer.
>
> --
> _ _ _ http://home.stny.rr.com/gurpsland
> |_ ,_ . _ |_> (_` _ . _|_ |_
> |_ | | (_ |_> __) ||| | | | | @earthling.net
>
> Thoughts good! Slogans bad! Thoughts good! Slogans bad!

Many thanks to you and everyone else, I've mailed them today!

--
Regards

Tim Pollard

www.timpollard.com

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
- Captain Mal Reynolds, 'Firefly'
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 12:08:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:28:26 GMT, "Tim Pollard" <timpollard@yahoo.com>
carved upon a tablet of ether:

> I was deeply happy to finally lay my hands on a copy of the new GURPS
> Fantasy, and almost revently opened the hardcovers to enjoy the book from
> page one, only to find the entire contents were upside down and back to
> front. Has this happened to a lot of copies, or am I just the lucky one?
> Sadly it was the last copy, so I can't exchange it :-(

It's the first I've heard of it. Try emailing
<orders@warehouse23.com>, That's the address SJG was giving for
problems with the new Basic Set, so I imagine it'll be the same for
this. I'm sure they'll want to know about this so they can fix it.

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."