Sign in with
Your question

any problems with samsung ddr400 in dc on abit is7

Last response: in Memory
June 15, 2004 6:03:57 PM

I'm considering getting 4x512mb samsung ddr400 for my workstation. I wonder if anyone had or heard of any troubles with that cheaper ram on Abit IS7?

thnx!
a b } Memory
June 16, 2004 1:28:17 AM

IS7 seems to have about the best RAM compatability of the 865/875 chipset boards, but some (the lowest quality) RAM still has problems running in dual channel mode on them, and using 2 pairs makes it even more difficult. I'd like to suggest Crucial for "standard grade" RAM that actually works on nearly all systems.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
June 16, 2004 3:00:33 PM

Will you be OCing your Cpu?
Related resources
June 16, 2004 3:05:00 PM

i agree... thing is, i need lots of ram... i can either get 2gb of samsung or only 1gb any brand name... i'm not that worried if i dont get top performance, so i'd rather have more ram... but i'd like to know what the real performance difference might be

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by alexdg on 06/16/04 11:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 16, 2004 3:05:44 PM

no man... i'm not into OCing...
a b } Memory
June 16, 2004 5:39:11 PM

I wasn't even speaking of performance, I was speaking purely on stability. The Samsung might work, but then again it might be unstable. I don't know.

I do know that filling all 4 DIMMs decreases stability if the RAM isn't up to the task. Of course the IS7 allows increasing vDIMM which might fix an issue, if one occurs.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!