Win XP re -install freezes at 32 min left to go

I have responded to a question in another conference which asks for help with
a failing re-install whith 32 mins to go. and said I would ask in here This
happened to me and was sorted by Microsoft help desk (using the last of my 2
free support calls attendant with purchasing a full copy of XP) - by a lady
in India and lots of waiting Musak and a high phone bill! - but I can't for
the life of me recall the keysrtokes the support lady took me through to
"continue the process". I seem to remember it was something to do with
objections to some drivers that had halted the install but what keystorke
ovecame the problem alludes me. Ny one help?

mIX
--

Malke

mix` wrote:

> I have responded to a question in another conference which asks for
> help with
> a failing re-install whith 32 mins to go. and said I would ask in here
> This happened to me and was sorted by Microsoft help desk (using the
> last of my 2 free support calls attendant with purchasing a full copy
> of XP) - by a lady in India and lots of waiting Musak and a high phone
> bill! - but I can't for the life of me recall the keysrtokes the
> support lady took me through to
> "continue the process". I seem to remember it was something to do
> with objections to some drivers that had halted the install but what
> keystorke
> ovecame the problem alludes me. Ny one help?
>
> mIX
> --

There's this link:

Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828267&Product=winxp

Perhaps the 34 minutes is really correct and the link will help you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=828267

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke - thanks for your reply - I have passed the link on. The
"keystrokes" I was trying to remember acted as a continue command, so I guess
that was the same as restarting - does cntrl F7 do this? dunno!

thanks again for your reply