Sign in with
Your question

Ideal GPS coordinates for GSM & CDMA BTS towers

Last response: in General Connectivity
February 8, 2012 8:00:43 AM

Hello,

Please can anyone tell me the range of ideal GPS coordinates for locating/planting GSM and CDMA BTS towers?

I am currently in Egbe, Yagba West Local Govenment area in Nigeria, so you can please check out the geograhical qualities of this location via GPS.

I'll really appreciate every assistance I can get on this.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Abimbola
February 9, 2012 3:20:05 PM

You want to contact the local cell providers for this. You're looking to do a land survey it looks like, a bit out of the scope of these forums.
February 11, 2012 7:45:50 AM

Yes, I'm looking to do a land survey and i was hoping to get an idea of the ideal coordinates so i can know what to look for.

Thanks all the same.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 11, 2012 9:31:16 AM

I am no expert in cell tower. But I looked at google satellite image and it looks like Egbe is a small town and a cell tower should cover it (but check with the expert ok?).

If I am the decision maker, I will put it somewhere in the cheapest block of land you can find near the centre of the town for good coverage. Also put it near road for good access for maintenance.

Don't put it near the schools (I saw 2 school) or the church. Although there is no scientific evidence for cell tower causing cancer, people still get superstitious. You don't want the community, especially the children's parents, blame you and sue the government for compensation for cancer which is not related to your cell tower.
February 11, 2012 12:57:18 PM

Pyree said:
I am no expert in cell tower. But I looked at google satellite image and it looks like Egbe is a small town and a cell tower should cover it (but check with the expert ok?).

If I am the decision maker, I will put it somewhere in the cheapest block of land you can find near the centre of the town for good coverage. Also put it near road for good access for maintenance.

Don't put it near the schools (I saw 2 school) or the church. Although there is no scientific evidence for cell tower causing cancer, people still get superstitious. You don't want the community, especially the children's parents, blame you and sue the government for compensation for cancer which is not related to your cell tower.

Dear Pyree,

Thanks for the very useful piece of advice.
!