Install windows XP from harddrive

I can not boot from DVD's laptop (just from floppy), and I have winxp kit on
harddrive. Can I install it from there (an how) or from LAN (my laptop can
not boot from LAN)?
Thanks

Yes you can install Windows XP from your harddrive. But of course it must
be on a different partition then the one you are installing it to. You just
run setup.exe from Windows. Why can't you set the BIOS in your laptop to
look to the DVD after the floppy to boot from?

--
George Hester

>I can not boot from DVD's laptop (just from floppy), and I have winxp kit
>on harddrive. Can I install it from there (an how) or from LAN (my laptop
>can not boot from LAN)?
> Thanks

You can install from the hard drive, it you have it set up correctly. I'm
not sure what you mean by "xp kit" but what you'd need is a separate
partition with the CD copied to it. You'd then boot from the floppy, access
that partition where the CD is installed, and start the installation from
there.