small problem, help..

cheesegrater

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2004
hey all, i just bought 128mb stick for my rig, and its a shitty old dell setup, i put the stick in and it reads the ram but right as its about to boot up windows it restarts, any helping info would be gladly appreciated, thanks....

i had the same kind of problem with my PC. I had 1.25 GB of RAM (2*512 & 1 256) and win98 goto boot screen and rebooted. I put this down to a memory management error. Took 2 sticks out, installed XP, put 2 sticks back in, hey-presto, no problems anymore.
Could this be your problem? It would help if you posted your system specs.

Ned

Not the Official Sicko of THG.

CrucialLabs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
It would definately help posting your system specs. We could spend all day tring to diagnos a problem that could be easily fix by knowng your system specs. Also include your BIOS revision.

Crucial Performance Lab

www.crucial.com
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
cpl@micron.com

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
How much RAM do you have? What OS? What kind of RAM does your system use?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>