Problems with GURPS 4th Fantasy

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell what "Allure" (Level-Advantage of the Courtisan in the
Roma Arcana setting) does? I did not find any description. Better would
be where I can find the description.

What is "Military Science" (for example in the Combat Mage template)?

"tobias.langner" <tobias.langner@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> Can someone tell what "Allure" (Level-Advantage of the Courtisan in the
> Roma Arcana setting) does? I did not find any description. Better would
> be where I can find the description.

I don't have Fantay, but from the name and it being a leveled advantage I'm
betting that it's a new Talent in Fantasy.

> What is "Military Science" (for example in the Combat Mage template)?

Look under "Expert Skill" in the Basic Set, p. 193.

--
EricBSmith http://home.stny.rr.com/gurpsland
@earthling.net http://firedrake.org/eric_gurpsland/

Eric Smith wrote:
> "tobias.langner" <tobias.langner@t-online.de> wrote in message
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>Can someone tell what "Allure" (Level-Advantage of the Courtisan in the
>>Roma Arcana setting) does? I did not find any description. Better would
>>be where I can find the description.
>

> I don't have Fantay, but from the name and it being a leveled advantage I'm
> betting that it's a new Talent in Fantasy.

I bet you're right - but it's not explained in Fantasy - just mentioned
in the template.

>>What is "Military Science" (for example in the Combat Mage template)?
>

> Look under "Expert Skill" in the Basic Set, p. 193.

thx

"David Johnston" <rgorman@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:19:01 -0500, "Dave"
> <dgreenlaw_no_spam@rogers.com> wrote:
> >> What is "Military Science" (for example in the Combat Mage template)?
> >
> >Sorry, but after a quick perusal I can't find it.
>
> It's easy enough to guess. Cartography, Forward Observer,
> Intelligence Analysis, Leadership, Soldier, Tactics, maybe Camouflage.

Umm, what?!?!? This isn't "Military Science!," it's "Expert Skill (Military
Science)." It doen't encompass any of those skills (though it does include
small portions of some of them... very small portions).