Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 7 with ssd and hdd

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
August 28, 2012 1:43:40 AM

i just purchased a SSD. I have a 1TB HDD already in my computer. I did a clean install of Win7 on the SSD and now have it on both the HDD and the SSD. How can I remove Win7 from the HDD and still have access to the files and programs from the HDD?

More about : windows ssd hdd

a b $ Windows 7
August 28, 2012 2:07:43 AM

Use Explorer and delete the required folders and files. You will have to take ownership of them first though.
m
0
l
August 28, 2012 2:10:37 AM

Not really you can get some progs working, you need to keep/move your old folders under the old drive, this is my don't blame me if you try it but I've got over 100 programs I don't want to reinstall after some microsoft induced disaster procedure:

\users\(your profile name)\appdata
\ProgramData
\Program Files (x86)
\Program Files

then if your real serious you can try regedit open local_machine then file/open hive find your old reg file under

old\windows\system32\config\software

that's all the old reg entries from your old hard drive choose select the new hive the file/export, close the old hive and import the new file, that's my I REALLY don't want to reinstall all this crap. I'd say 90% save rate with adobe giving you the finger for the remaining 10%, flash, photoshop ect always need a reinstall when I move..
m
0
l
Related resources
!