irql_not_less_or_equal stop:0x0000000A

After setting msconfig to boot in safe mode (because hitting F8 and safe mode
only caused the computer to reboot over and over) the computer reboots over
and over no matter what choices I make in the boot-up in safe mode screen. I
can ONLY boot from a WinXP Pro disk to a prompt. Here is the complete error
message from the BSOD, which will sometimes appear after selecting to not
reboot after boot failure:

irql_not_less_or_equal
stop:0x0000000A (0xF8B93354, 0x000000FF
0x00000001, 0x804E5614)
--
Me
5 answers Last reply

    Guitarhero911 wrote:

    > After setting msconfig to boot in safe mode (because hitting F8 and safe mode
    > only caused the computer to reboot over and over) the computer reboots over
    > and over no matter what choices I make in the boot-up in safe mode screen. I
    > can ONLY boot from a WinXP Pro disk to a prompt. Here is the complete error
    > message from the BSOD, which will sometimes appear after selecting to not
    > reboot after boot failure:
    >
    > irql_not_less_or_equal
    > stop:0x0000000A (0xF8B93354, 0x000000FF
    > 0x00000001, 0x804E5614)

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Never mind....thanks.

    --
    Me

    "Guitarhero911" wrote:

    > After setting msconfig to boot in safe mode (because hitting F8 and safe mode
    > only caused the computer to reboot over and over) the computer reboots over
    > and over no matter what choices I make in the boot-up in safe mode screen. I
    > can ONLY boot from a WinXP Pro disk to a prompt. Here is the complete error
    > message from the BSOD, which will sometimes appear after selecting to not
    > reboot after boot failure:
    >
    > irql_not_less_or_equal
    > stop:0x0000000A (0xF8B93354, 0x000000FF
    > 0x00000001, 0x804E5614)
    > --
    > Me

    See if this helps...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314063

    This one may be better related...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;897079

    Also, google "0x0000000A msconfig" or just "0x0000000A"and see if you see
    anything specific to what may have happened to cause the stop error. What
    kind of PC is it? I had a stop error last week on my dell and dells website
    had a fix for it.

    --
    Wack
    ----
    "Guitarhero911" <Guitarhero911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After setting msconfig to boot in safe mode (because hitting F8 and safe
    mode
    > only caused the computer to reboot over and over) the computer reboots
    over
    > and over no matter what choices I make in the boot-up in safe mode screen.
    > can ONLY boot from a WinXP Pro disk to a prompt. Here is the complete
    error
    > message from the BSOD, which will sometimes appear after selecting to not
    > reboot after boot failure:
    >
    > irql_not_less_or_equal
    > stop:0x0000000A (0xF8B93354, 0x000000FF
    > 0x00000001, 0x804E5614)
    > --
    > Me

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
    (0A)

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Guitarhero911" <Guitarhero911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After setting msconfig to boot in safe mode (because hitting F8 and safe
    > mode
    > only caused the computer to reboot over and over) the computer reboots
    > over
    > and over no matter what choices I make in the boot-up in safe mode screen.
    > can ONLY boot from a WinXP Pro disk to a prompt. Here is the complete
    > error
    > message from the BSOD, which will sometimes appear after selecting to not
    > reboot after boot failure:
    >
    > irql_not_less_or_equal
    > stop:0x0000000A (0xF8B93354, 0x000000FF
    > 0x00000001, 0x804E5614)
    > --
    > Me
  5. Following a virus attack on my laptop, and a complete installation of Windows XP SP2, I started to receive the following STOP message:

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP: 0X0000000A (0XFF1711F2,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X804D9F68)

    Following a further three full clean installs, I noted that on each occasion the wireless driver had been installed, testing this theory by turning off wireless in the BIOS, I noted that the laptop stopped crashing.
    The wireless driver I was using is from the original supplied driver disk (intel 2200BG), I have found that there are numerous wireless driver related blue screen occurrences on the web with similar stop codes.

    To sum up, I sourced the latest intel 2200bg driver and all now appears to be well.

Safe Mode Computers Boot Windows XP