Alienware m17 warranty help

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy086

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
hi getting a m17 laptop soon from Alienware do any one know what the warranty COVERS in the laptop

any one ever used the warranty to get something fixed or replaced

GozerHozer

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Cover to Cover. To get fixed, you must wait for Shipping Box, then ship to repair Depot, unless you have On-site NBD; in that case your local PC shop will come over and fix your laptop in front of you.
In most cases you will lose any data on your hard drives, because most times they do a OS reinstall.
But if it has the same MB as the Dell XPS M1730, you should get a 2+ year warranty. I had two and both stopped charging, on one it failed just after the year warranty was up..$$.I also had one of the RAID drives die a clicking death 6 months later.
I’m personally waiting for the new Gateway P7807u FX.
On such a high-end laptop I would always get 2-3 year warranty; a dead MB will always cost you more than Warranty cost.

James.

paddy086

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
thanks for you help i will be doing the 3 year warranty if you are spending 3000 on a laptop then its worth pending 300 on the warrenty

once agen thanks :bounce: :)

GozerHozer

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008

Hi, did you get your M17? how do you like it?
I am now thinking of the same, I have used the Dell 1730 and thought it was very sweet, loved the good sound system for a laptop... how is the sound quality on the m17? does it crank for a laptop?

im not sure with one Ill get, I really like the Dell 1730 in SLI config, but I know the M17 is way faster with the 2 3870 crossfire.
thanks

JC

paddy086

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
If i was able to afford to buy a second laptop i would be getting one agen
it look cool
runs so fast
and the sound is realy good
and all games running at full speed
get it get it now

i was reading into NIVIDA SLI VS AMD CROSSFIRE

with nivida there has been problems with the 8000s and 9000 cards burning out
messing up the laptops

so even do the m17x comes with 9800 sli witch hase more power
than the m17 that comes with the 3870 crossfire

but the the m17 has a quad core
and the m17x only dule core

i think if you want to be safe go with the m17 and just max it out i spent 3450 euro
on the laptop thats with a 3 year warranty let us what your going to do
or if you want talk about it any more

Status
Not open for further replies.