When I start up Xp Pro, I get the message, Failed to convert the peer name to
an IP address. If I close the window, everything works great and I can access
the Internet. How can I get rid of this window? Thanks for the help

"cb39940" <cb39940@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I start up Xp Pro, I get the message, Failed to convert the peer name to
>an IP address. If I close the window, everything works great and I can access
>the Internet. How can I get rid of this window? Thanks for the help

Try to find out what causes the message: "How to Troubleshoot By Using
the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560).

--
(tm)