Ring of Lend Energy (Why use powerstones?)

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

To create a ring (or wand, staff, rod etc) of Lend Energy takes a 100
pt enchantment. Adding 1 level of power to the ring is another 500 pts.

Now the mage with the ring can recharge himself in seconds. For a 600
pt item, our mage has himself an inexhaustible source of mana. Throw a 9D
fireball, and then duck behind the wall for a few seconds. A small company
of battle mages equiped this way could defend any fortress from practically
any size force.

Talk about Unlimited Mana.

In article <10uo0im4k97se08@corp.supernews.com>, William Dickison wrote:
> To create a ring (or wand, staff, rod etc) of Lend Energy takes a 100
> pt enchantment. Adding 1 level of power to the ring is another 500 pts.
>
> Now the mage with the ring can recharge himself in seconds. For a 600
> pt item, our mage has himself an inexhaustible source of mana. Throw a 9D
> fireball, and then duck behind the wall for a few seconds. A small company
> of battle mages equiped this way could defend any fortress from practically
> any size force.
>
> Talk about Unlimited Mana.

If i was a gm, i would assume that the "cost can't be reduced" clause of the
spell would apply to enchantment versions too. Which would mean the Power
won't help.

"tech13" <tech13@t13wd041007.powerweb.net> wrote in message
> In article <10uo0im4k97se08@corp.supernews.com>, William Dickison wrote:
>> To create a ring (or wand, staff, rod etc) of Lend Energy takes a
>> 100
>> pt enchantment. Adding 1 level of power to the ring is another 500 pts.
>>
>> Now the mage with the ring can recharge himself in seconds. For a
>> 600
>> pt item, our mage has himself an inexhaustible source of mana. Throw a 9D
>> fireball, and then duck behind the wall for a few seconds. A small
>> company
>> of battle mages equiped this way could defend any fortress from
>> practically
>> any size force.
>>
>> Talk about Unlimited Mana.
>
> If i was a gm, i would assume that the "cost can't be reduced" clause of
> the
> spell would apply to enchantment versions too. Which would mean the Power
> won't help.

I'd let it go and make him roll for each fatigue. Always on rings I would
rule it to be deadly.