Hi there,

I just got my computer back on line after a Panda Software trial messed up
my PC for last week (XP Home)...Anyway...My Norton internet Security 2002
(although its out of date) ask me if I should permit acces to the internet
for this :-C:/WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe is this safe to permit ?

Also for some reason I am now reading Newsgroups in smaller text than usual
and I`ve noticed this in Windows Security Centre too ? Whats that all about ?

Please help me...

Caroline Thom
--
Don't worry Be happy !

Hi

You can read about svchost.exe here:

"A description of Svchost.exe in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314056

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"TomCatEss76" <cattom200476@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I just got my computer back on line after a Panda Software trial messed up
> my PC for last week (XP Home)...Anyway...My Norton internet Security 2002
> (although its out of date) ask me if I should permit acces to the internet
> for this :-C:/WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe is this safe to permit ?
>
> Also for some reason I am now reading Newsgroups in smaller text than
> usual
> and I`ve noticed this in Windows Security Centre too ? Whats that all
> about ?
>
> Please help me...
>
> Caroline Thom
> --
> Don't worry Be happy !

hi i`ll have a look at that will - thanks once again for coming to my rescue
!!!

Caroline
xx
--
Don't worry Be happy !

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can read about svchost.exe here:
>
> "A description of Svchost.exe in Windows XP"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314056
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "TomCatEss76" <cattom200476@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I just got my computer back on line after a Panda Software trial messed up
> > my PC for last week (XP Home)...Anyway...My Norton internet Security 2002
> > (although its out of date) ask me if I should permit acces to the internet
> > for this :-C:/WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe is this safe to permit ?
> >
> > Also for some reason I am now reading Newsgroups in smaller text than
> > usual
> > and I`ve noticed this in Windows Security Centre too ? Whats that all
> > about ?
> >
> > Please help me...
> >
> > Caroline Thom
> > --
> > Don't worry Be happy !

Hi will,

I read the article but I couldn't really tell or understand if this means
that it is safe or not ???

I`ll let it access net - it didn't say it was unsafe ?
--
Don't worry Be happy !

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> You can read about svchost.exe here:
>
> "A description of Svchost.exe in Windows XP"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314056
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "TomCatEss76" <cattom200476@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I just got my computer back on line after a Panda Software trial messed up
> > my PC for last week (XP Home)...Anyway...My Norton internet Security 2002
> > (although its out of date) ask me if I should permit acces to the internet
> > for this :-C:/WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe is this safe to permit ?
> >
> > Also for some reason I am now reading Newsgroups in smaller text than
> > usual
> > and I`ve noticed this in Windows Security Centre too ? Whats that all
> > about ?
> >
> > Please help me...
> >
> > Caroline Thom
> > --
> > Don't worry Be happy !

Hi

Yes, it is safe to allow svchost.exe access to the Internet.