Would you rate Alienware?

roundtuit

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Hi all,

I have about £1500 (to £2000 at an absolute push) to spend on a new gaming PC. I have considered building my own, but just do not feel confident in ordering compatible parts and putting them together into a working unit - nor do I really have the time to properly research it and build it.

So, do you think Alienware is a decent company to go with? Any systems that you strongly recommend from them? I am keen to be able to play Oblivion with very high settings, and hopefully to be future-proof for a little while (until DX10 cards are firmly established), although I have a back-list of games to get through as well...

Cheers,

RT

Qeldroma

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
I am in the same boat as you. I have looked at alienware for a long time. They seem like a great computer. But..... everytime I talk to their customer service they blow me off. They are jerks. You ask a question and they direct you to a section of the site that doesnt even answer the question. So I went and looked at voodoo pc today and they were awsome.

Tru93

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
Never go with alienware. Its not a personal grudge or anything but just a personal experience. I ordered one of their computers. The shipment kept getting delayed. When the computer finally arrived, it was totally unreliable. After 2 weeks of use, it completely crashed. I called customer support, but they kept putting me on hold. Alienware gave me the WORST experience ever. I totally returned it and i went with dell. Dell has great customer support. They answered all my questions. The order actually arrived earlier than expected. The dell is also VERY reliable except a google toolbar issue taht can be resolved by deleting only a few files. if u want a powerful, yet reliable with great customer service, go with dell.