folder pops up on log-in

When I (or any other uses of computer) log in, the desktop shows up and then
automatically the contents of a file foler pops up. How do I get his folder
not to showup on login? It is a folder found in program files.

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316434

"DeneseVon" wrote:

> When I (or any other uses of computer) log in, the desktop shows up and then
> automatically the contents of a file foler pops up. How do I get his folder
> not to showup on login? It is a folder found in program files.

Try going to Start>Run type: msconfig click Ok Go to Startup and
look for an entry for the folder. If there, uncheck.