Card not inserted?

September 3, 2004 2:32:19 AM

Hi! I have bought a used Palm m500 running ver 4.00.
I noticed there is a memory card siting inside the mem.slot.
When I tried to read the card, I get the message " No card inserted"
Even when I tried to fromat the card, again it shows " No card inserted".

Can someone kindly advise what is the problem?
Thanks a lot.
Alvin.G

More about : card inserted

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 2:32:20 AM

"Alvin.G" wrote:

> Hi! I have bought a used Palm m500 running ver 4.00.
> I noticed there is a memory card siting inside the mem.slot.
> When I tried to read the card, I get the message " No card inserted"
> Even when I tried to fromat the card, again it shows " No card inserted".
>
> Can someone kindly advise what is the problem?

It's a dummy card used to keep junk and dust, etc from getting in the
well. If you extract it (by pushing down on it until it clicks) you'll
see that it is solid plastic.

--
Mitch
Killer swans drown two dogs, PETA spokesman left speechless.

Alvin.G wrote:

> Hi! I have bought a used Palm m500 running ver 4.00.
> I noticed there is a memory card siting inside the mem.slot.
> When I tried to read the card, I get the message " No card inserted"
> Even when I tried to fromat the card, again it shows " No card inserted".
>
> Can someone kindly advise what is the problem?

Are you sure it's not a dummy card, to protect the slot?

--
Lasse Jensen [fafler at linuxmail dot org]
September 3, 2004 2:32:21 AM

"Mitchell Swan" <Mitchell_C_Swan@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> "Alvin.G" wrote:
> >
> > Hi! I have bought a used Palm m500 running ver 4.00.
> > I noticed there is a memory card siting inside the mem.slot.
> > When I tried to read the card, I get the message " No card inserted"
> > Even when I tried to fromat the card, again it shows " No card
inserted".

> > Can someone kindly advise what is the problem?
>
> It's a dummy card used to keep junk and dust, etc from getting in the
> well. If you extract it (by pushing down on it until it clicks) you'll
> see that it is solid plastic.

Hang onto it. Some leather PDA cases need a bit of stretching for the card
slots. Or, if you don't use cards, it keeps the opening safe.

> --
> Mitch
> Killer swans drown two dogs, PETA spokesman left speechless.
> www.fark.com
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 4:17:39 AM

Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when "Alvin.G" <AlvinG@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi! I have bought a used Palm m500 running ver 4.00.
> I noticed there is a memory card siting inside the mem.slot.
> When I tried to read the card, I get the message " No card inserted"
> Even when I tried to fromat the card, again it shows " No card inserted".
>
> Can someone kindly advise what is the problem?

Have you considered the possibility that perhaps it's not actually a
memory card?

Look closely and see if it has actual electrical contacts; it is much
more likely that it's just a piece of plastic there to keep junk out.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html

Oh yeah! you are right. Now I believed it is a dummy card
because i dont see any copper contacts on it.

So thanks a lot.
Alvin.G

!