Want icons back in Start/Programs

Hi All,
It is a small organization thing but I would like to put my icons back
in the area that is reached via Start/All Programs/ and then associated
with the specific program. I want to remove the icons from my desktop.
I know I can delete those, but how do I get the icons back to the Programs
menu???

Thanks much for any help!!!

you can drag and drop them. right click and drag them to the desired spot