BenQ FP241W is on my cart in NewEgg, Pull the trigger?

gentrinity

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
I have the BenQ FP241W currently on my shopping cart in Newegg, priced at $799 with $16 shipping, making it just $45 more expensive than the Sony SDM-P234 I was planning on getting.

That $45 is buying me a slimmer Bezel, HDMI inputs(HDCP compliant) and an inch thicker so I guess its a good purchase.

Should I pull the trigger?

One thing I have to ask though, why is everyone fretting over this TFT anyway?

grunt22

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
My two favorite 24" right now are the Samsung 244T and the Dell 2407WFP. Haven't seen any reviews on the BenQ however.

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=129832

perhaps this may help. btw, is neoseeker.com a trustable reviewer? i love the way they reviewed this benq. they gave 10 out of 10 for this product. it also will be used as the official lcd monitor in wcg 2006 and i hope it would make sense to the 10 out of 10.

i'm saving to have this one too if i can afford the price. it looks good to my eyes.

check it out this amazing picture:
image_bin.cfm

meaaaaaw* this thing will sit very very very pretty in my desk. i want it so bad!!! :twisted:

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
As we're all holding our breath wating to hear on this thing, here's an idea.

Let's all chip in and buy one. Then, send it to my house and I'll tell everyone how much I like it. :D

richardg3

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
If you want one of the best 24" monitors for you money - this is the one. However, it's the multimedia connectors that have got everyone excited about this LCD ... and that’s what lets it down - no 1:1 pixel mapping, except through DVI - everything else will get stretched to fill the screen.

check out what these guys have found out:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1066372

Even putting 1920x1200 through HDMI gets stretched! Obviously they never thought about Gfx cards having HDMI on them at some point and only support up to 1080p through HDMI (which gets stretched to 1200 too!).

Shame, but unless they come up with a firmware update to fix the 1:1 issues, the multimedia aspect of this screen is useless. Who wants to watch a film at 1080p through their $1000 dollar Blue ray player ... only to have the image stretched vertically?

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
If you want one of the best 24" monitors for you money - this is the one. However, it's the multimedia connectors that have got everyone excited about this LCD ... and that’s what lets it down - no 1:1 pixel mapping, except through DVI - everything else will get stretched to fill the screen.

check out what these guys have found out:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1066372

Even putting 1920x1200 through HDMI gets stretched! Obviously they never thought about Gfx cards having HDMI on them at some point and only support up to 1080p through HDMI (which gets stretched to 1200 too!).

Shame, but unless they come up with a firmware update to fix the 1:1 issues, the multimedia aspect of this screen is useless. Who wants to watch a film at 1080p through their $1000 dollar Blue ray player ... only to have the image stretched horizontally?

Hopefully all the makers will eventually wake up on this. Users should be able to choose whether to stretch the image or play in its native input. This should be universal.

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Hopefully all the makers will eventually wake up on this. Users should be able to choose whether to stretch the image or play in its native input. This should be universal.

totally agree! :p

it's amazing thing to have widescreen monitor for doing multitasking or watching dvd, but to the stretched display when playing game or so, it's awful.