nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My computer is able to enter hibernation. When I resume, my computer turns
on and starts up, the fan is on, and the status bar that says windows is
resuming is displayed. As soon as the bar reaches 100%, the monitor turns
off and the computer stops responding completely.

If I hold down the power button until the computer resets, I am able to turn
it back on, at which point it resumes from hibernation without a problem.
This works every time.

How can I make my computer resume correctly the first time?

I have the same problem when I try to resume from standby, but there is no
way to make it work at all.

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My computer is able to enter hibernation. When I resume, my computer turns
>on and starts up, the fan is on, and the status bar that says windows is
>resuming is displayed. As soon as the bar reaches 100%, the monitor turns
>off and the computer stops responding completely.

See "Unable to Use Power Management Features"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302414).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233