What I've decided to do about half-points when converting ..

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Thanks to those who answered my earlier query.

I've decided that the simplest thing is to give each half point skill a
boost to 1 point.

However, in compensation where a skill has got easier (Such as Bow going
from Hard to Average) I will maintain the relative level of skill not
the number of points. An old Bow skill with 4 points that gave skill
equal to DX becomes a new Bow skill with only 2 points in it but still
equal to DX.

Haven't come across any skills that have got harder yet, but if I do
I'll maintain the relative level of skill but this time to the
character's advantage.
--
Michael Cule
2 answers Last reply

    Heh, it's the same I did =D
    And I didn't find any skills that got harder, either

    Cheers,
    GodFoca
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

    MC> I've decided that the simplest thing is to give each half
    MC> point skill a boost to 1 point.

    Makes sense. If you haven't already, you might want to take a look at
    GURPS Update (http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/resources/4eupdate.pdf) --
    very convenient for printing out and taking notes on.

    Charlton

    --
    cwilbur at chromatico dot net
    cwilbur at mac dot com