MN-520 Wireless Internet Card Software

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 3, 2004 6:52:58 PM

Hi. I have a MN-520 wireless card that I use in my IBM
laptop. Worked fine for years. Had a hard drive go bad and
needed to replace. Now I can't find my original CD from
Microsoft for the MN-520. No problem I thought, just get it
off their web site. Well, I looked and all I can get is a
small driver update file. I looked through some news groups
and someone posted to download the MSBNDownload.exe file
for the MN-500 unit which is a 12.4MB file. THinking that
this was the one I needed, I got that one. Ran it and it
comes back telling me there are no files to upgrade and
can't find the hardware. New that already! So, is there
someone out there that has the original CD for this product
that can winzip it to me or send me the whole file if it's
not too big. Or is there a site I can go to that has a
downloadable file for this card. Any help or suggestions
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AJ
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:20:13 AM

Only the drivers are needed to run the MN-520. If you want
the MNBU, then run the MSBNDownload.exe and once you get
the error message don't close it. The files for the MNBU
are temporarily unpacked in the temp folder for the current
user. Do a search for MSBNUtil.exe to find it and copy it.

!