Transhuman Space update for 4th Ed?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Are there any plans to update Transhuman Space to 4th Ed? If so, is it
going to happen soon, or is is still far enough away that I shouldn't
wait to buy the Transhuman Space core book?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

AS> Are there any plans to update Transhuman Space to 4th Ed? If
AS> so, is it going to happen soon, or is is still far enough away
AS> that I shouldn't wait to buy the Transhuman Space core book?

None have yet been announced, which means that at the earliest you're
looking at sometime in 2006. It's more likely, since Transhuman Space
is mostly setting and not much rules, that they'll leave it as it is
and let people convert it themselves by following GURPS Update.

Charlton

--
cwilbur at chromatico dot net
cwilbur at mac dot com

Apophenia Sandwich <rub1x@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans to update Transhuman Space to 4th Ed? If so, is it
> going to happen soon, or is is still far enough away that I shouldn't
> wait to buy the Transhuman Space core book?

AFAIK it was explicitly stated that THS would not be updated, the same
as for most (?) other 'powered by GURPS' standalone products.

regards,
-g

Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:
[...] WBT Water Binary Tree

--
In crustulum beatitas.

"Apophenia Sandwich" <rub1x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are there any plans to update Transhuman Space to 4th Ed? If so, is it
> going to happen soon, or is is still far enough away that I shouldn't
> wait to buy the Transhuman Space core book?

If you are running the campaign soon -- say within the next 12 months you
are safe in buying the Transhuman Space book. This material won't be
revised to 4th edition anytime in the near future. It may not be revised
until sometime in the quite distant future. I doubt you'll see any
revisions happen in that line until late 2006 at the earliest. All of the