Your question

IBM thinkpad t23 + windows xp pro install black screen

Tags:
  • IBM ThinkPad
  • Windows XP
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
January 19, 2009 2:48:32 AM

Let me start off by saying anytime I have a computer issue this forum is my first resort and usually helps me solve my problems. However, this problem has been haunting me for a while and have yet to find an answer.

I have an older IBM thinkpad t23 which still runs decently for what I use it. Internet, office etc. However recently its hard drive got corrupt and I replaced it. I used to have windows xp pro w/ sp2 on it for the longest time. Now, whenever I try and install windows xp pro right in the middle of the setup, my screen goes blank. No hd activity nothing. I have to hard reboot and once I do, I see the windows xp splash screen and then a blue screen that says "setup is restarting............." and again same issue, the screen goes black. I suspect it has something to do with video drivers not being on the cd but I am not sure if that is true or even how to work around it. I must also add that I have successfully installed windows xp home edition on it but don't want home edition.

If someone could please help me with this issue it would be magnificent. Thanks in advance.

More about : ibm thinkpad t23 windows pro install black screen

a b D Laptop
January 19, 2009 7:03:55 AM

Try getting a BIOS update for the machine, and run memtest on it to check the RAM is okay.