Longhorn - Quick Access to the Command Prompt?

RJ

I never understood why MS made it so difficult opening a
command prompt window. Difficult in the sense there are
so many keyboard combinations that open other features
of windows quite quickly. Why no Windows Key + (something)
to open a command prompt window? And without a Windows Key,
ahhhg. Why not a F Key to open a command prompt window?
Like F1 opens help?

I would like to see something like this in Longhorn.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

RJ wrote:

> I never understood why MS made it so difficult opening a
> command prompt window. Difficult in the sense there are
> so many keyboard combinations that open other features
> of windows quite quickly. Why no Windows Key + (something)
> to open a command prompt window? And without a Windows Key,
> ahhhg. Why not a F Key to open a command prompt window?
> Like F1 opens help?
>
> I would like to see something like this in Longhorn.

How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114491

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"RJ" <jackbobNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I never understood why MS made it so difficult opening a
> command prompt window. Difficult in the sense there are
> so many keyboard combinations that open other features
> of windows quite quickly. Why no Windows Key + (something)
> to open a command prompt window? And without a Windows Key,
> ahhhg. Why not a F Key to open a command prompt window?
> Like F1 opens help?
>
> I would like to see something like this in Longhorn.

And what did your post have to do with the Longhorn version of Windows?

And why didn't you bother to use the included help (Start -> Help and
Support) to lookup shortcut keys and define your own for the shortcut
link's properties to the Command Prompt? I have Ctrl+Alt+D define for
my Command Prompt's shortcut link.

RJ

Geez. I was just making a comment. Why don't you check that
attitude.

> Geez. I was just making a comment.

No, you weren't. You were whining when a similar feature was already
available but you didn't ask how to achieve the result but instead
wanted to vent.

> Why don't you check that attitude.

You first.

"RJ" <jackbobNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I never understood why MS made it so difficult opening a
> command prompt window. Difficult in the sense there are
> so many keyboard combinations that open other features
> of windows quite quickly. Why no Windows Key + (something)
> to open a command prompt window? And without a Windows Key,
> ahhhg. Why not a F Key to open a command prompt window?
> Like F1 opens help?
>
> I would like to see something like this in Longhorn.

Because MS wants to persuade a world controlled by accountants and managers
and advertising gurus that graphical interfaces are the only way to operate
a computer, because they make more money that way - Longhorn, Shorthorn,
Airhorn or Foghorn.