19" LCD Confusion - You're the experts, please help!

replicant69

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Hi to all,

Yes im new here but I've not just made a general post without reading your previous reviews/comments/posts. However, in doing so I think im more confused than I was to begin with, although at the same time its opened my eyes in some areas and the fact that manufacturers specs aren't always as they appear.

Well, my question:-

Im looking for a 19" lcd monitor, its for general use and light games usage, and I've decided on a widescreen - seems to be the way things are going these days.

Im looking at two at the minute:
1. Xerox XM3-19W on offer at a UK company called Micro Direct and also available at Dabs and Ebuyer.
The specification for the price looks good to me, boasting an 800:1 contrast, DVI input if purchased from Dabs, along with what I believe are good viewing angles and 5ms response.
2. Hanns·G HW-191DPB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824254005
NOW this is where I ask YOU, the experts, on your input, im going round in circles here...... please advise if either of these are a worth while purchase for the £125, I not sure if the 5ms is good for this monitor or if its more like 20ms but peaks at 5ms every now and then.... after all, can I really trust the manufacturers spec?

PLEASE people, any info on this product or its price for this monitor or similar recommended, I would be really grateful.

Hose

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Hi to all,

Yes im new here but I've not just made a general post without reading your previous reviews/comments/posts. However, in doing so I think im more confused than I was to begin with, although at the same time its opened my eyes in some areas and the fact that manufacturers specs aren't always as they appear.

Well, my question:-

Im looking for a 19" lcd monitor, its for general use and light games usage, and I've decided on a widescreen - seems to be the way things are going these days.

Im looking at two at the minute:
1. Xerox XM3-19W on offer at a UK company called Micro Direct and also available at Dabs and Ebuyer.
The specification for the price looks good to me, boasting an 800:1 contrast, DVI input if purchased from Dabs, along with what I believe are good viewing angles and 5ms response.
2. Hanns·G HW-191DPB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824254005
NOW this is where I ask YOU, the experts, on your input, im going round in circles here...... please advise if either of these are a worth while purchase for the £125, I not sure if the 5ms is good for this monitor or if its more like 20ms but peaks at 5ms every now and then.... after all, can I really trust the manufacturers spec?

PLEASE people, any info on this product or its price for this monitor or similar recommended, I would be really grateful.

Both these are in the value end of the quality spectrum and so will be very similar. Hanns-G gets good ratings from buyers at Newegg (and I have one, different model). I checked it out to the point to know it has a Samsung TN panel with 3 year warranty, so it will be an OK choice.

In the US, the mid-level quality starts about $300 for 19".

TRENDING THREADS