External Internet Links

June 29, 2005 2:21:21 AM

Hi. I'm having problems with links outside of Internet Explorer.
Anything that is supposed to open a site with Internet Explorer will
not worl. This includes links in Outlook Express emails, MSN
conversations, items on right-click menus on my contact list, etc. I
really have no idea waht may be causing this, but I'd appreciate help
with this. :)

By the way, my computer's 100% spyware, adware, and adware free.

--
Isolated
Anonymous

No Links
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

Links In Outlook Express mail and news don't work.

If you click on links in OE mail and news and they do not work, it's because
Outlook Express is not your default mail and news program and IE is not your
default browser. Do this:
1--In Outlook Express, go to Tools | Options and make sure that
"Make Outlook Express my default mail program" and
"Make Outlook Express my default news reader are checked.
2--In IE, go to View | Internet Options | Programs
and select OE for mail and news.
Also, be sure "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
default browser" is checked.
----

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301

From MS Word HELP:

To turn on automatic hyperlinks, follow these steps:
a. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options.
b. On the AutoFormat as you type tab (and on the AutoFormat), click to
select the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User