External Internet Links

Hi. I'm having problems with links outside of Internet Explorer.
Anything that is supposed to open a site with Internet Explorer will
not worl. This includes links in Outlook Express emails, MSN
conversations, items on right-click menus on my contact list, etc. I
really have no idea waht may be causing this, but I'd appreciate help
with this. :)

By the way, my computer's 100% spyware, adware, and adware free.

--
Isolated
1 answer Last reply

    No Links
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    Links In Outlook Express mail and news don't work.

    If you click on links in OE mail and news and they do not work, it's because
    Outlook Express is not your default mail and news program and IE is not your
    default browser. Do this:
    1--In Outlook Express, go to Tools | Options and make sure that
    "Make Outlook Express my default mail program" and
    "Make Outlook Express my default news reader are checked.
    2--In IE, go to View | Internet Options | Programs
    and select OE for mail and news.
    Also, be sure "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
    default browser" is checked.
    ----

    Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301

    From MS Word HELP:

    To turn on automatic hyperlinks, follow these steps:
    a. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options.
    b. On the AutoFormat as you type tab (and on the AutoFormat), click to
    select the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Isolated.1rd11p@pcbanter.net,
    Isolated <Isolated.1rd11p@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi. I'm having problems with links outside of Internet Explorer.
    > Anything that is supposed to open a site with Internet Explorer will
    > not worl. This includes links in Outlook Express emails, MSN
    > conversations, items on right-click menus on my contact list, etc. I
    > really have no idea waht may be causing this, but I'd appreciate help
    > with this. :)
    >
    > By the way, my computer's 100% spyware, adware, and adware free.
    >

    > --
    > Isolated

Internet Explorer Internet Windows XP