How do I delete a failed update from Windows 7 download list

lindaoconnpor

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hello,
Dozens of Windows 7 Updates failed when I took the recommended. I think it's because they were for 64 bit and I have 32 bit. Now, everytime I shut dow, it takes ages because it tries to install those updates. Then when I eboot, it reads Failure configuring, revertin changes - and bingo, the laptop shuts down. It takes forever to get up and running.

Solution
If you go to the Windows folder on your C: drive you will find a folder called Softwaredistribution. In there is a sub folder called Download. Delete everything in this folder to stop the repeated attempt to update. Turn Autoupdates to only Notify.

Arlen10

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

You can't. The best thing you can do is stop the update from happening. (Disable Auto Updates). This should not be happening, If I were you I would download a Windows 7 ISO and burn it to a disk if you dont have one already, then perform a fresh install. Of course download your drivers for your computer as well so you can get it up and running. That's my solution for you.

price_th

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
If you go to the Windows folder on your C: drive you will find a folder called Softwaredistribution. In there is a sub folder called Download. Delete everything in this folder to stop the repeated attempt to update. Turn Autoupdates to only Notify.

Solution
You can go to: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update

Select and right click on the failed updates and choose hide updates.

It may be one or two causing a rollback of updates; try manually installing only a few a time.