SB Audigy 1 firewire on front panel?

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I have the pinouts to do this, but does it work safely to connect the front panel connectors to the Audigy 1?

Thanks in advance.

<font color=purple> Do <i> you </i> have a chicken hat? </font color=purple>

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=268106" target="_new">This thread</A> has the pinouts, but apparently the gap between digital (the card) and analog (the front panel) can't be breached. I don't recall if the attempt causes damage however.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, but that forum SUX! You could have just as easily linked to <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=100952#100952" target="_new">THIS THREAD</A> which takes around 1/8th the time to bring up!

Oh, but anyway, not to worry about digital/analog connections, the SB1394 connection is a DIGITAL connection (as are all the Audigy connections) and the port you're connecting is digital as well!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Well I'll be... I'll have to do that afterall it seems. I probably should have mentioned where to look in the tread I posted, but I hadn't looked at it for months myself. I actually have a printout of the pinouts from an obscure help file on the Creative website. They don't make it easy.

Are you <i>sure</i> the front panel sound on an Antec P160 case is digital? I was under the impression it (and other front panel sound connectors on cases) was analog.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Are you sure the front panel sound on an Antec P160 case is digital?
I'm sure it ISN'T.

Reread the TITLE of the post, the guy asked about the firewire port, not the sound ports. Firewire IS digital. There's no such thing as analog firewire. IEEE1394 is a DIGITAL standard.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Note that the guy who wrote the post in the first place is ME! It's just been so long I seem to have forgotten what I was trying to do in the first place. I'll have to hook up the firewire before I completely lose my mind here. Am I right about front panel <i>sound</i> though? I initially wanted to do both for completeness.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Can't do sound, can do firewire, because of your response to the other guy I got confused too and thought the other guy was the original poster.

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Uh oh, it's contageous.

Where is it I plug my tv into my motherboard again? There wasn't much room left in there, so I removed all the fans first...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I had a Commodore 64 with TV-Out on the motherboard...

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
That's it! I have a Commodore still working 3 feet away from me. Wanna come over and play Jumpman?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Uh, I still can't figure out how you're going to put that thing in your case and connect it to the internal pins of your Audigy.